Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Golden State or Cleveland?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors Sweep

0 0%
  • Cavaliers Sweep

0 0%
  • Warriors in 5

6 54.55%
  • Cavaliers in 5

0 0%
  • Warriors in 6

4 36.36%
  • Cavaliers in 6

0 0%
  • Warriors all the way

1 9.09%
  • Cavaliers all the way

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2017 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    You've got to be next level drunk or stupid to be an average man of short stature to yell at Matt Barnes, especially at a time when he needs literally no help getting heated. He will beat you and picture Derek while doing it. That idiot is so lucky he got thrown out.
    Uh, translation please. I couldn't watch the game tonight.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Uh, translation please. I couldn't watch the game tonight.
    So, the Cavs were up like about 15 and it was late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter and there's a play that gets the Cavs fans riled up. They start yelling at the Warriors basically getting into it with the entire team, security has to come over, police have to come over. There is a fan sitting courtside near Maverick Carter, something is happening we're not sure what, but then it's clear there is one fan being way more vocal and belligerent than others. And he's heatedly exchanging words with Matt Barnes to the point where Matt Barnes steps to him and security is there to calm things down. Eventually things get settled down and the belligerent fan gets thrown out of the arena. This idiot is short to average height and completely unimpressive physically.

Now, if you don't know Matt Barnes off the court. He's the guy off the court that he is on the court. And if you haven't been keeping up with the soap opera occurring off court, I'll summarize. He and Derek Fisher were once friends. He was married not too long ago and they've split. Derek is dating his wife, like split still fresh and divorce not finalized type of soon. Matt is NOT okay with it. About a year or two ago, upon learning that Derek was on up in his house with wife, Matt drove 100 miles to go beat Derek's ass. Literally. It's straight drama.

And what comes out the day before the yesterday's game? Derek recently had a car accident with Matt's now ex-wife in the car, an alleged DUI. Who's car was Derek driving that got totaled? Matt Barnes. Is that the guy you step to in the NBA? You know he's got to be pissed, do you really want him to direct any of that anger towards you? Back away and be glad you got kicked out.

As for the game - way more competitive than it should have been in 3rd and 4th quarters if you ask me given you broke some Finals record for first quarter and first half points and Kyrie is on an Uncle Drew tear. So it was more entertaining to watch than it seems like it would be. So, Cavs didn't get swept, we'll see what happens when they go back to Oakland on Monday night.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 06-10-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    So, the Cavs were up like about 15 and it was late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter and there's a play that gets the Cavs fans riled up. They start yelling at the Warriors basically getting into it with the entire team, security has to come over, police have to come over. There is a fan sitting courtside near Maverick Carter, something is happening we're not sure what, but then it's clear there is one fan being way more vocal and belligerent than others. And he's heatedly exchanging words with Matt Barnes to the point where Matt Barnes steps to him and security is there to calm things down. Eventually things get settled down and the belligerent fan gets thrown out of the arena. This idiot is short to average height and completely unimpressive physically.

Now, if you don't know Matt Barnes off the court. He's the guy off the court that he is on the court. And if you haven't been keeping up with the soap opera occurring off court, I'll summarize. He and Derek Fisher were once friends. He was married not too long ago and they've split. Derek is dating his wife, like split still fresh and divorce not finalized type of soon. Matt is NOT okay with it. About a year or two ago, upon learning that Derek was on up in his house with wife, Matt drove 100 miles to go beat Derek's ass. Literally. It's straight drama.

And what comes out the day before the yesterday's game? Derek recently had a car accident with Matt's now ex-wife in the car, an alleged DUI. Who's car was Derek driving that got totaled? Matt Barnes. Is that the guy you step to in the NBA? You know he's got to be pissed, do you really want him to direct any of that anger towards you? Back away and be glad you got kicked out.

As for the game - way more competitive than it should have been in 3rd and 4th quarters if you ask me given you broke some Finals record for first quarter and first half points and Kyrie is on an Uncle Drew tear. So it was more entertaining to watch than it seems like it would be. So, Cavs didn't get swept, we'll see what happens when they go back to Oakland on Monday night.

Heard about the DUI but I wasn't aware it was Barnes car. Tack--eee
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

It's interesting how things work, until a couple of months ago, Barnes was out of work until KD got injured, GS picked him up on free market.
    Now, the journeyman will soon have a NBA ring to show for it.

I like Barnes, he is hustler on court.

I can't like any man that separates/divorces his wife and then, when she starts dating somebody else, tries to beat up that guy, directly implying that the woman is "his property".
    Can't stand him.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I can't like any man that separates/divorces his wife and then, when she starts dating somebody else, tries to beat up that guy, directly implying that the woman is "his property".
    Can't stand him.
    You're reading too much into that. Can't believe I'm defending Matt Barnes, but that's not what is happening here. It's not about him owning her at all. Derek was a very good friend of his. The couples were good friends that hung out together. Matt and his wife separate. Derek and his wife separate. Soon after, Derek is dating his good wife's friend and is carrying on with his wife in the house that Matt owns and didn't say a thing about it to him. That was the issue. This is about her, but it's not. The timeline is fishy as all get out. It's been highly entertaining for people cause it's seriously a real life soap opera, and no one is acting like Matt thinks he owns his wife. Derek did him wrong, that's not something you do to a friend. It's against every ounce of the bro code. That's why he beat him up. And driving and crashing Matt's car? Derek has made a ton of money in his career, probably more than Matt, drive and accidentally crash your own car.

Also, every last stitch of this is against type for the man that Derek has acted as if he was in the public for the last 20 years. He's the hot mess in all this to almost everyone, not Matt.

Game 4 Summary

Kyrie Irving scores 40 points, LeBron adds 31 points 10 rebounds and 11 assists (9th triple double in finals) to run away with game four.
    Mr. Curry only managed to score 14 points as Cleveland wins 137-115

Golden State leads series 3-1
    The same score as last year...

Game 5 Monday.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

YAY!

My favorite part was MVP and MOM after the game.

EJ Dionne‏Verified account @EJDionne 1m1 minute ago
    "We did it. I told you when I was 8 years old. We did it."
    Kevin Durant to his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    YAY!

My favorite part was MVP and MOM after the game.
    I can't embed the video but this is just awesome.

NBA on ESPN‏Verified account @ESPNNBA 40m40 minutes ago
    This is why we play. pic.twitter.com/KfkPtIJAea

Ben Golliver‏Verified account @BenGolliver 5m5 minutes ago
    More
    LeBron James reflects on his first title and Kevin Durant's first: "Not happy he won his first. ... [2012 was like] having my first son."

Maybe the most predicted championship ever? From July last year everybody was talking about this.
    The Cavs, The Spurs, Boston and the other contenders really have to look up for ways to keep on par with GSW. The Warriors only need to keep Durant, Curry, Green, Thompson and Igoudala and they remain formidable for years to come.

Only baseball to watch now. What a drag.
    Starry starry night

Draymond in a post match interview on NBATV said that the Dubs knew they'd be playing the Cavs in final a long time ago, that there was no waiting to see who would come out of the East. To me that was the most devastating thing said about the state of affairs in the NBA. I really don't know what the East can do about it's current state in the short term. Hero ball rules there and for now they've got no remedy for it.

As for the Cavs I think that only Love, James and Irving are safe. Everyone else is on the chopping block.

Agree. But James, Irving and Love guarantees them reaching the finals of the East, where those three simply can dominate. So they can still know the East is theirs.
    It is the Dubs and Spurs they need to catch up (I still think that a healthy Spurs team also beats the Cavs)
    Last edited by ponchi101; 06-13-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Starry starry night

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast