Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Golden State or Cleveland?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors Sweep

0 0%
  • Cavaliers Sweep

0 0%
  • Warriors in 5

6 54.55%
  • Cavaliers in 5

0 0%
  • Warriors in 6

4 36.36%
  • Cavaliers in 6

0 0%
  • Warriors all the way

1 9.09%
  • Cavaliers all the way

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: 2017 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    It's the UConn Women's basketball team issue. Most recognize that the competition level among the other teams needs to rise and meet UConn, not the other way around. UConn does not get the best recruiting class year in and year out, they just know how to win. This year helped to show, it can be done, it can be competitive, they can be beat in the end.
    If UConn isn't getting the best recruiting class every year, I'd hate to see what they can do with the best recruits

2017 NBA Finals: Game 3

Game 3 tonight, I'll be watching as I still expect this to go all the way, or at least hoping for that.

Update:

(2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (1) Golden State Warriors

Golden State Leads Cleveland, 2-0

• Game 1 Thu., 6/1 GS 113, CLE 91
    • Game 2 Sun., 6/4 GS 132, CLE 113
    • Game 3 Wed., 6/7 GS @ CLE (9 p.m., ABC)
    • Game 4 Fri., 6/9 GS @ CLE (9 p.m., ABC)
    • Game 5 Mon., 6/12 CLE @ GS (9 p.m., ABC)*
    • Game 6 Thu., 6/15 GS @ CLE (9 p.m., ABC)*
    • Game 7 Sun., 6/18 CLE @ GS (8 p.m.,ABC)*

*If necessary

Well. Game three, and you are down two. You know if you don't win this one, it is over.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Ok, just don't get irate, JazzNu. It is only basketball
    I didn't like Lebron's move to Miami (and then back), I didn't like KD's move and I DIDN'T LIKE Love's move to the Cavs. I though parity was going out the window. And I am very aware of the kind of reactions that some people have taken and you are right, they are extreme. As I say, it is only a game.
    Part of what I am saying is that the NBA wants parity, to a point. I know that there are some really good examples of where the TEAMS hurt themselves. The Nets? Totally bad management. The Lakers? What, Kobe could not renegotiate a bit to get somebody good? Their fault. But if at the beginning of the season everybody and his dog knows the two teams that will make the finals, it takes away from the rest of the league.
    I know that the Warriors have enjoyed tremendous serendipity. Curry's contract if the greatest bargain in all of sports, if not ever. OKC has been snake bitten for a long time. Just a few years ago they had KD, Russ, Harden and then got Ibaka. Had they remained together they would be competing. But it didn't happen.
    And as much as I am enjoying the Dubs plastering the Cavs, for the league it can't be good. At least for the finances
    One, NBA is not at all struggling financially, things are up, not down.

Two, other teams have enjoyed tremendous serendipity and haven't gotten treated or criticized like the Warriors, including the Spurs who had David Robinson and got Tim Duncan on the heels of his final years, the Celtics who has Paul Pierce, and signed Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen and drafted Rajon Rondo, and the Cavs who landed their hometown hero, lost him to Miami, and landed Kyrie Irving and then Andrew Wiggins, only to get LeBron back. There are plenty of other examples as well, none of which have been treated as poorly and talked about as negatively as the Warriors have been this season.

Three, I get irate because this is not about basketball if that wasn't clear. That might be what it is internationally, but here it's a larger issue, it is a continued uncomfortability with black men, especially successful black men with a platform, directing their futures and speaking up more than they once did. That's what I get mad about, because that's the issue, it's not basketball, it just happens that this plays out heavily in sports, basketball in particular. LeBron wants to expand his horizons outside of the Akron/Cleveland because that's all he's ever known? Good for him. KD wants to move to the Bay Area because he has aspirations to get more involved with Silicon Valley? I say fall back to everyone who criticizes him because I highly doubt that you're staying in OKC with some lackluster no-name company when Apple says we can work with you more if you take this other gig out here and Elon Musk says maybe we can get you in investing for our new ideas if you're here. All these critics and fans want players to do something they themselves would never consider doing.

Draymond doing post gaame interview on NBA TV
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Just before the Dubs took the lead for good Kyrie Irving had the ball. He was dribbling like a mad man - through the legs, all of that. But instead of moving forward or laterally he took a step back and missed the shot. That was the end of the game. Dubs 118 Cavs 113.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Lot of people are criticizing James for not shooting when they were up 2. Instead of shooting, he passed off to Korver in the corner for 3. If Korver make that 3, media would have been talking about James passing abilities. Before that point, James did need to attack more late in the final quarter.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

The same as when you hit a drop shot. If you make it, the commentators will praise your guts and shot selection. If you fail, it was the wrong shot at the wrong time, what were you thinking?
    Starry starry night

There was very good commentary on NBA TV last night between Barkley, Shaq and Chris Webber. They all agreed that the Cavs were exhausted at the end and that the Dubs pace is what did them in. They also pointed out that the way the Cavs shot in the fourth quarter was due to fatigue. Their analysis of Irving's third quarter rampage pointed out that every shot he made was contested and that he had nothing left in the fourth. The same with James. They also said that the Cavs couldn't rely on James and Irving to do everything.

I'm really sorry I could only see the end of the fourth quarter. It seems like it was a very good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    There was very good commentary on NBA TV last night between Barkley, Shaq and Chris Webber. They all agreed that the Cavs were exhausted at the end and that the Dubs pace is what did them in. They also pointed out that the way the Cavs shot in the fourth quarter was due to fatigue. Their analysis of Irving's third quarter rampage pointed out that every shot he made was contested and that he had nothing left in the fourth. The same with James. They also said that the Cavs couldn't rely on James and Irving to do everything.

I'm really sorry I could only see the end of the fourth quarter. It seems like it was a very good game.
    It was a great game. Cavs basically did everything right but win the game. And I say this as a Warriors fan. I was sure they were going to get the win, and they deserved it putting together such a great gameplan and actually executing it. They even got some help from the refs, so I was sure they would do it. James was obviously exhausted by the end of the game, but he got them that lead and he can't do it all on his own. And passing to Korver is being over analyzed, as so many with perspective said, Korver is in the league to make that shot, so yes, it's okay to pass to him. They are acting like there was never a John Paxson or Steve Kerr that got the ball for the final shot from Michael Jordan or Scottie Pippen. I don't think LeBron is as good as MJ and he brings the comparisons on himself more than anyone, but they need to give LeBron a break once in a while and remember things a bit more accurately too.

As for the commentary you referenced - that is why I greatly prefer TNT broadcasts to anything that is on ESPN and ABC. I basically only watch those when it's the playoffs or a major matchup. Otherwise I skip them entirely during the year because I don't find it nearly as entertaining or insightful. I wish we could get the TNT in the Finals, it would be so much of a better watch. I didn't realize Charles, Shaq, and Chris were on NBA TV, but I'll make sure to turn to it after the game and (hopefully) during half time in hopes of seeing them discuss the game in a similar fashion to what they do on TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    It was a great game. Cavs basically did everything right but win the game. And I say this as a Warriors fan. I was sure they were going to get the win, and they deserved it putting together such a great gameplan and actually executing it. They even got some help from the refs, so I was sure they would do it. James was obviously exhausted by the end of the game, but he got them that lead and he can't do it all on his own. And passing to Korver is being over analyzed, as so many with perspective said, Korver is in the league to make that shot, so yes, it's okay to pass to him. They are acting like there was never a John Paxson or Steve Kerr that got the ball for the final shot from Michael Jordan or Scottie Pippen. I don't think LeBron is as good as MJ and he brings the comparisons on himself more than anyone, but they need to give LeBron a break once in a while and remember things a bit more accurately too.

As for the commentary you referenced - that is why I greatly prefer TNT broadcasts to anything that is on ESPN and ABC. I basically only watch those when it's the playoffs or a major matchup. Otherwise I skip them entirely during the year because I don't find it nearly as entertaining or insightful. I wish we could get the TNT in the Finals, it would be so much of a better watch. I didn't realize Charles, Shaq, and Chris were on NBA TV, but I'll make sure to turn to it after the game and (hopefully) during half time in hopes of seeing them discuss the game in a similar fashion to what they do on TNT.
    TNT analysis is the best. Don't forget to watch their pre season analysis too. They were so accurate it was scary. It's where I got the phrase "hero ball" from.

Game 3 Summary

KD scores 31 points including the game sealing shot above, Klay Thompson contributes 30 as the Warriors score the last 11 points to win 118-113 and take a commanding 3-0 lead in the final.

Game 4 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Well. Game three, and you are down two. You know if you don't win this one, it is over.
    Well Bud, I still feel OK if the Dubs won it tonight and made history.
    None only they'll be the only undefeated play-off team ever, but there is also the fact no one here picked them in the poll to sweep.

At this point, I think they'll sweep.
    Lets see I can jinx them.

Where is suliso when needed?
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 06-09-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Who needs suliso? We've got Correspondent Kiu with the powers tonight! I think you were successful with your jinx. If the Warriors comeback from this whole, I'm not sure if we'll talk more about the Cav's collapse or the Warriors' comeback, but let's hope it doesn't come to that. I don't want anyone jumping off a bridge tonight, and I could legitimately see that happening if the Cavs blow two games in a row.

You've got to be next level drunk or stupid to be an average man of short stature to yell at Matt Barnes, especially at a time when he needs literally no help getting heated. He will beat you and picture Derek while doing it. That idiot is so lucky he got thrown out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast