Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Golden State or Cleveland?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors Sweep

0 0%
  • Cavaliers Sweep

0 0%
  • Warriors in 5

6 54.55%
  • Cavaliers in 5

0 0%
  • Warriors in 6

4 36.36%
  • Cavaliers in 6

0 0%
  • Warriors all the way

1 9.09%
  • Cavaliers all the way

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2017 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

Ah, Durant was staring at Rihanna? So, like, who wasn't? That girl is absolutely gorgeous and she was in the front row. How on earth are you going to miss her?

As a game, boring. The Warriors put it away early. I think Kerr/Brown have decided to let Lebron get his points and assists and rebounds and take everybody else from the game. Lebron will need to score in the 50's to get the Cavs going.
    Add to that that Klay Thompson and Draymond had mediocre games offensively and it did not look good for Cleveland. If Klay wakes up then you have to guard too many quality shooters.
    Everybody keeps talking about the Cavs being one of the top two teams in the league and Lebron being the best player in the world. Move them over to the West and then we would see. And we would see about him, having played his entire career in East and feasting on their lower quality.
    Starry starry night

Warriors won with that strategy in 2015 as James still got his numbers. Last night, Warriors got 8 turnovers from him. Curry had strong first and third quarters while Durant was the star all night.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

The rumor is not Durant was staring at Rihanna with interest, it's that she was basically heckling him like a fan including yelling "Brick!!!" during his free throws and he stared her down after coming back with a few shots.

And you're not in the US, right? So, in case you missed it, and way more entertaining to me, is Jeff Van Gundy staring at Rihanna. He was calling the game for TV, LeBron had just made some kind of unbelievable dunk, and Jeff says something like, "I'm not sure what just happened right there cause Rihanna just walked in front of me, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?" Literally. And then closing in on half time, Mark Jackson, also calling the game asks Jeff if he's picked his tongue up off the floor yet, and Jeff was like with no shame, "Whatever. Did you see her walk in front of us? You can't tell me you weren't in awe, she is stunning." It was hilarious.

No. I am in Colombia now. I am stuck listening to a bunch of bozos that know nothing about basketball. I am waiting for one of them to yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" after one slam dunk.
    (That's what they yell in soccer).
    Starry starry night

Game 1 Summary

Kevin Durant (AKA KD) scores 38 points to lead Golden State past Cleveland in game 1, the near perfect Warriors turn-over the ball only 4 times in the entire game.

Golden State leads Cleveland 1-0 in the series.

Next game Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post

And you're not in the US, right? So, in case you missed it, and way more entertaining to me, is Jeff Van Gundy staring at Rihanna. He was calling the game for TV, LeBron had just made some kind of unbelievable dunk, and Jeff says something like, "I'm not sure what just happened right there cause Rihanna just walked in front of me, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?" Literally. And then closing in on half time, Mark Jackson, also calling the game asks Jeff if he's picked his tongue up off the floor yet, and Jeff was like with no shame, "Whatever. Did you see her walk in front of us? You can't tell me you weren't in awe, she is stunning." It was hilarious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b2991cac8c5b

More from Washington Post above.

Game 2 Summary

Golden State scores 132 points to overshadow Cleveland's 113 and go up 2-0 in the series.

Steph Curry triple doubles with 32 points, KD contributes 33 and 5 blocks.

The Series goes to Cleveland for game 3 set for Wednesday.

The Dubs gave the Cavs a ton of turnovers and still won.
    It is getting to the point that the league should break up the team. Of course, they should also break up the Cavs in the East.
    Starry starry night

Once again the Dubs let Lebron do his thing and targeted the rest of the team. The Cavs got some good licks in on Curry who seemed to shrug it off. Draymond took the weight getting fouls but they were not emotional, out of control fouls. The Dubs also ran the Cavs ragged so that at the end they were all gasping for breath and the Warriors could run at will.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    The Dubs gave the Cavs a ton of turnovers and still won.
    It is getting to the point that the league should break up the team. Of course, they should also break up the Cavs in the East.
    Nah. They should get together with the other teams and talk about raising their level and putting forth a better effort. Some might be tied to scheduling, which they are planning to look at in the off season. There's a lot of talent on those other teams and they don't play nearly as good as they should for reasons unknown. But one reason is known and that's tanking to get a lottery pick. If they would switch lotteries so that teams just missing the playoffs got some of the top picks, those teams would be more competitive through the year and be ready to compete better in the playoffs. Doesn't mean the Warriors/Cavs finals matchup would change, but the road would be much different.

Warriors and Cavs shouldn't lower their level because other teams have aging stars or players that are nowhere near as good as they were thought to be. The only team I would be okay with the league intervening with in the near future would be the Celtics. The deals they'e made are against the general purpose of how trades are supposed to play out. The windfall they are about to get is way worse than when David Stern intervened on the Lakers deal for Chris Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    ...If they would switch lotteries so that teams just missing the playoffs got some of the top picks, those teams would be more competitive through the year and be ready to compete better in the playoffs. Doesn't mean the Warriors/Cavs finals matchup would change, but the road would be much different.

Love that idea.
    But I still think there should be a category of players that simply should not be allowed to play together. The Cavs are already talking about going after Chris Paul if they fall to the Dubs. How they will manage salary wise I don't know, but that would be ridiculous.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Love that idea.
    But I still think there should be a category of players that simply should not be allowed to play together. The Cavs are already talking about going after Chris Paul if they fall to the Dubs. How they will manage salary wise I don't know, but that would be ridiculous.
    Trade bait? The first name that comes to mind is Schumpert. The thing is no one in the West would want him.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I think people are just overly sensitive to the Warriors for whatever reason and it's got them coming up with ideas that wouldn't be good in the future because they are upset about one team right now. There's this confluence of things that happened to allow the Warriors to get to where they are today and it's mostly the owners fault, FYI, as they kept changing how contracts were structured making it more appealing to move from their original team.

In terms of players not being able to play with one another, I get very uncomfortable (and sometimes irate) when people start wanting to put limits on player movement. For me, it feels entirely too often like we're criminalizing these moves of mostly black men. @ponchi, I'm not sure you hear it as much because you're not in the US, but they have to deal with an unreasonable amount of criticism and hatred that is similar to players who have committed violent crimes and face fan backlash. LeBron didn't commit a crime when he went to Miami and neither did KD moving to Golden State. And neither did Kevin Love when he went to the Cavs, but no one seems to care about that one for whatever reason that I can only guess at. Because, remember Kevin is the #2 or 3 now, but he was the clear #1 with the T-Wolves, that was a blockbuster move for an All-Star player putting up amazing numbers in those years. LaMarcus to the Spurs is another big move, he gets paired with Kawhi, which is huge, but that's okay because Pop is running the show and he can do no wrong? And it's perfectly okay for KD to be in Oklahoma with Westbrook (and possibly Harden, which everyone seems to forget), but the Warriors are the team that can't be together.

So, I don't like talk of limiting where people play and it seems to me that it is very arbitrary when people get upset. Just as I wouldn't be comfortable telling the heads of Uber, Tesla and Netflix that they can't take their talents to Google if they chose. There are other ways to make the other teams more competitive and those should be where the energies are focused. It's the UConn Women's basketball team issue. Most recognize that the competition level among the other teams needs to rise and meet UConn, not the other way around. UConn does not get the best recruiting class year in and year out, they just know how to win. This year helped to show, it can be done, it can be competitive, they can be beat in the end.

^^

Ok, just don't get irate, JazzNu. It is only basketball
    I didn't like Lebron's move to Miami (and then back), I didn't like KD's move and I DIDN'T LIKE Love's move to the Cavs. I though parity was going out the window. And I am very aware of the kind of reactions that some people have taken and you are right, they are extreme. As I say, it is only a game.
    Part of what I am saying is that the NBA wants parity, to a point. I know that there are some really good examples of where the TEAMS hurt themselves. The Nets? Totally bad management. The Lakers? What, Kobe could not renegotiate a bit to get somebody good? Their fault. But if at the beginning of the season everybody and his dog knows the two teams that will make the finals, it takes away from the rest of the league.
    I know that the Warriors have enjoyed tremendous serendipity. Curry's contract if the greatest bargain in all of sports, if not ever. OKC has been snake bitten for a long time. Just a few years ago they had KD, Russ, Harden and then got Ibaka. Had they remained together they would be competing. But it didn't happen.
    And as much as I am enjoying the Dubs plastering the Cavs, for the league it can't be good. At least for the finances
    Starry starry night

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast