Agree Agree:  529
Likes Likes:  425
Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169194209215216217218219
Results 3,271 to 3,274 of 3274

Re: A Chronicle of our Descent to Hades

Drew Hammill @Drew_Hammill

The United States Congress is a co-equal branch of government in our system of checks and balances. The Congress has a constitutional responsibility to conduct oversight in the war zone where our men and women in uniform are risking their lives every day.

After President Trump revoked the use of military aircraft to travel to Afghanistan, the delegation was prepared to fly commercially to proceed with this vital trip to meet with our commanders and troops on the front lines.

In the middle of the night, State Dept's Diplomatic Security Service provided an updated threat assessment detailing that the President announcing this sensitive travel had significantly increased danger to the delegation & to troops, security, & other officials supporting trip.

This morning, we learned that the Administration had leaked the commercial travel plans as well.

In light of the grave threats caused by the President’s action, the delegation has decided to postpone the trip so as not to further endanger our troops and security personnel, or the other travelers on the flights.

Whether here or abroad, the Speaker always thanks our troops, diplomats and intelligence community for their heroism & service. The Speaker commends her colleagues on the delegation, who personally & officially have dedicated their lives to protect & defend the American people.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...056399872.html
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    It seems another fresh hell has opened up this morning. To be honest I don't have the strength today...
    I would be more comfortable if someplace other than Buzzfeed had this story.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I would be more comfortable if someplace other than Buzzfeed had this story.
    Or maybe I should say less comfortable.

I'm okay with Buzzfeed, just need to look closer at what they've become to me, rather than where they started, which was how I still viewed the name until a year or so ago. Now that they do serious news and are committed to investigative journalism, they really are legit and have broken a good deal of stories. I personally think they could do with a name change in furtherance of that seriousness, but no one asked me.

Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169194209215216217218219