Agree Agree:  1,037
Likes Likes:  761
Page 341 of 341 FirstFirst ... 91241291316331337338339340341
Results 5,101 to 5,111 of 5111

Re: A Chronicle of our Descent to Hades

What makes you think Tiny gets to open his mouth when Vlad calls? Vlad doesn't mess around. He probably delivers instructions and that's it. Except, of course, that he probably has to deliver the same instruction 9-10 times before Tiny is able to understand.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    What makes you think Tiny gets to open his mouth when Vlad calls? Vlad doesn't mess around. He probably delivers instructions and that's it. Except, of course, that he probably has to deliver the same instruction 9-10 times before Tiny is able to understand.
    There's been reports that most of their calls is Trump boasting about himself, as one would expect.

Vlad listening to Tiny's boasts

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Joy Reid
    @JoyAnnReid
    Barr is asked by @RepSwalwell whether, given his own prior statements that interfering in a federal prosecution would be a crime, he is investigating Donald Trump for intervening in Roger Stone's sentencing. Barr: No.
    Swalwell: Why not?
    Barr: why should I?
    #BarrHearing

Blog Entries

Megan Mineiro @MMineiro_CNS

ON FMR SDNY PROSECUTOR BERMAN

Demings says she is a former police detective and sees an alarming pattern developing in the Trump administration where officials investigating the president are fired and replaced by a friend of Barr.

For those of us (me) who have already arrived in Hades, this was just another day at the farm. But, I loved Rep. Jayapal. She surely came prepared to rip him a new one. GH

Apparently, Mr. Barr never learned the ramifications of being "under oath" in law school. What an amazing performance!! Isn't it time to impeach him now. All they should need would be to prove that one thing he said "under oath" was a lie. I think there were about 1000 things there for the taking.

GH

Ambassador Pete Hoekstra @usambnl

Walked among the graves at Ysselsteyn, a cemetery for German soldiers from WWI & WWII. A terrible reminder of the cost of going to war and why we must always work towards peace.
    Evan McMullin@EvanMcMullin

Indeed, war is beyond terrible, but I never thought I'd see an American ambassador mourn the loss of Nazi soldiers' lives. Our diplomats should be advancing freedom, not sending sympathetic signals to tyrants and the far-right.

I went once to the German WW2 cemetery east of Mont St. Michel in Normandy. It was hard to find, but I had a rental car and that made it possible. It is on a hill maybe 5 miles east of Mont St. Michel and maybe a mile from the coast. It was worth the trip for the truly lovely view of Mont St. Michel from that hill.

But I digress.....I was very touched by this cemetery. They had a covered-but-not-indoor display about the war in Normandy seen from the side of the rank-and-file German soldiers. One of the displays was letters sent home to mothers in Germany shortly before the D-day invasion, or in some cases, within a day or so of the invasion. The letters were beyond touching. That display should make anyone mourn. These were all someone's little boys who had come there to die.

A funny anecdote about that day: The letters were so touching to me that I was standing there translating them for my friend and very long-time travel companion who doesn't speak German. About halfway through one letter, she started talking along with me, saying almost the exact same words I was. I got confused only to find out, of course, that she had found that they were all translated into English and French and available for speakers of those languages.

I would compare it to the amazing museum in Chiran, Japan, to the Kamikaze pilots. You wouldn't think that westerners would mourn there, but I also found myself mourning there. In the case of the Kamikaze, all of the Kamikaze pilots were required to write a letter to their mothers the night before their mission. There was very little English in that museum. But those letters were translated to English only. I stood there a good while reading the translations (with the same friend who had been at the German one). I was totally touched and emotional.

When Sue and I were at the German cemetery in Normandy, it was mid-winter and we were the only visitors there the whole time we were there. In Chiran, it was mid-March but there were still a lot of Japanese visitors. I saw some of the fastest head-turning I've ever seen in my life when the Japanese tourists saw a white boy there. I think none of them expected that. I was certainly the only white person I saw there (Sue is Chinese). So I got all the funny looks.

I would highly recommend a visit to either of these places or similar ones. It is important to remember the suffering on both sides in war. It is similar to how strongly I recommend visits to the Peace Park in Hiroshima.

I disagree horribly about Evan McMullin's comment. As a human being, I actually am a bit offended by it. I was not condoning Naziism by going to that cemetery. That is a horrible thing for him to suggest. The suffering and loss of life occur on both sides.

GH

Judd Legum @JuddLegum

UPDATE: Starting Tuesday, there was a lot of interest in the Trump administration $765M loan to Kodak that sent its stock from $2.11 to $60

But during that convo, the most direct evidence of executive profiteering was being CONCEALED from the public

2. Late Wednesday (7/29), Kodak quietly disclosed to the SEC that the day before the deal was announced (7/27) it awarded a bunch of options to top Kodak execs

The top beneficiary was Kodak CEO Jim Continenza he received 1.75 MILLION options on 7/27

3. But when Continenza appeared on Fox Business and CNBC on the morning of 7/29, he could not be asked about the option grants BECAUSE KODAK HAD NOT DISCLOSED THEM

It appears to be a deliberate effort to keep the grant out of the news cycle

https://popular.info/p/update-kodak-...-surreptitious

(A soft paywall)

Page 341 of 341 FirstFirst ... 91241291316331337338339340341