Agree Agree:  182
Likes Likes:  130
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4368838990919293
Results 1,381 to 1,394 of 1394

Re: A Chronicle of our Descent to Hades

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Counterpoint: Bogota Beer Company ambience and food is good, their beer is just ok.
    Ok, you just crossed a line, Miss!!!!
    (There are no great beers in S. America. Most breweries have been bought by Heineken, which has become terrible over the years. I need my little town micro-brewery )
    Starry starry night

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    (There are no great beers in S. America. Most breweries have been bought by Heineken, which has become terrible over the years. I need my little town micro-brewery )
    There was a really nice hipster brewery in Bogota I went to as well and the beer there sucked too (BBC was better). :/

Peru, Argentina and Brazil make some decent beer, but Mexico is much better at it than countries to the South.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I'm totally cool if the Presidential secret service detail go on strike for the rest of the year.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm assuming the Secret Service has the same fiscal year as the rest of the federal government: October 1 to September 30. So they are not that short. Running out of money in August is the kind of thing that can happen. Congress needs to appropriate additional funds to get them through the rest of the year, pay people for work completed, reimburse staff for allowable expenses, and then calculate a more appropriate allocation for upcoming federal fiscal years.

Either that or force Chris Christie to sit on the president's lap so he stays put.
    Become a Kiva lender and help people lift themselves out of poverty. To find loans that are safe, secular, and mostly short in term, go to the A+ Convenience Store at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred...venience-store. Or, if you would like to support repeat borrowers with a proven track record of repayment, check out CraigsList at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred/craigslist. Happy lending!

Christina Wilkie‏Verified account
    @christinawilkie

Christina Wilkie Retweeted John Kelly
    I also hear from multiple sources that Secret Service agents are at the end of their rope, sick of being treated like servants by Trump.

Source: "Clinton treated USSS agents like friends. Bush treated them w great respect. Obama, like family. Trump treats them like servants."

Specifically, I've been told Trump doesn't respect their hours & shifts, and expects agents to fetch things for him. Both damaging morale.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Matt McDermott‏Verified account
    @mattmfm

Since February, the Secret Service has spent more on golf cart rentals at Trump-owned properties than most American families make in a year.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Is South America more of a beer or wine area?
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Is South America more of a beer or wine area?
    Good question. The Caribbean is known for its rums. Mexico for its tequila. I'm not sure what other Central and South American counties national spirits are.

Matthew Chapman‏Verified account
    @fawfulfan

I've said it before and will say it again. The media shares blame for the outcome of the election. This is proof.

A Chronicle of our Descent to Hades

Agua ardiente (Colombia)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer continent. Not because people like it so much but because of price. But all countries have their liquor.
    MJ is right that Colombia is aguardiente. Peru and Chile is Pisco, with Chile also going for wines. Argentina/Uruguay have fine wines, Brazil goes for Cachaza (another form of Aguardiente). Bolivia has Singani. All of the above, except wines, are forms of Fire Water, which are cheap and easy to get blasted on (yes, we have huge alcoholism in this continent, we just don't talk about it because we are irresponsible drunks).
    Rums in the Caribbean, which makes my native Vennieland a major producer of some outstanding quality rums (and you know I seldom praise my land)
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Matthew Chapman‏Verified account
    @fawfulfan

I've said it before and will say it again. The media shares blame for the outcome of the election. This is proof.
    CNN elected 45. He was on every single day.
    Starry starry night

Beer continent. Not because people like it so much but because of price. But all countries have their liquor.
    MJ is right that Colombia is aguardiente. Peru and Chile is Pisco, with Chile also going for wines. Argentina/Uruguay have fine wines, Brazil goes for Cachaza (another form of Aguardiente). Bolivia has Singani. All of the above, except wines, are forms of Fire Water, which are cheap and easy to get blasted on (yes, we have huge alcoholism in this continent, we just don't talk about it because we are irresponsible drunks).
    Rums in the Caribbean, which makes my native Vennieland a major producer of some outstanding quality rums (and you know I seldom praise my land)
    I had no idea about Venezuela and rum but that makes sense giving the country's location.

Argentine malbecs are very good. I've had some nice Chilean wine as well.

Chilean wine of course. Can buy even here.
    Roger forever

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4368838990919293