'17 Racquet Smashing Contest

Introducing Sascha Zverev to the fray.

Stroppa Del ‏@stroppadel 1m1 minute ago
    @stroppadel part 3 pic.twitter.com/zdiqs347pH

Good form. Most of the damage was done by his foot though.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Re: '17 Racquet Smashing Contest

Much to learn he still has.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Indeed, while I appreciate the end result, the efficient fruits of young Alex's labor, I was unmoved.
    Become a Kiva lender and help people lift themselves out of poverty. To find loans that are safe, secular, and mostly short in term, go to the A+ Convenience Store at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred...venience-store. Or, if you would like to support repeat borrowers with a proven track record of repayment, check out CraigsList at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred/craigslist. Happy lending!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I was tickled by the confused looking child holding the broken thing at the end. Not exactly something worthwhile to keep.
    I disapprove of this message

I think that depends on Zverev's career - could be worth a lot.
    We All Play for Canada

Tennis TV ‏@TennisTV 5m5 minutes ago
    Not sure @Thiemdomi will be able to continue with that racket.....�������� pic.twitter.com/IIS2bXV6ST
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Maybe he saw that it worked for Zverev last week and wanted to try it himself! (So far so good actually.)

Average destruction and form, though he seems to score nicely in the Self-disgust category.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Add Like Mad Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nishikori just had a beautiful smash in Rio after losing the first set to Bellucci. I'll try to remember to look for video. I was impressed.
    Become a Kiva lender and help people lift themselves out of poverty. To find loans that are safe, secular, and mostly short in term, go to the A+ Convenience Store at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred...venience-store. Or, if you would like to support repeat borrowers with a proven track record of repayment, check out CraigsList at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred/craigslist. Happy lending!

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Nishikori just had a beautiful smash in Rio after losing the first set to Bellucci. I'll try to remember to look for video. I was impressed.
    Total disgust with the world? Check
    Total disgust with himself? Check
    Form? Check
    Conveying anger at every thing and everybody? Check.

GOT IT!

José Morais‏@ZezeAM 54s54 seconds ago
    Video with Nishikori showing his smasher skills. pic.twitter.com/TinjIjaDpG

And on clay!

Props for distance covered after rebound. Early front-runner anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    And on clay!

Props for distance covered after rebound. Early front-runner anyone?
    A little too sudden for my liking. I prefer when there's that one second pause after losing the point before the smashing begins. It's as if the player starts gripping the handle tighter and tighter, and, knowing what's about to happen, the racket is saying "Come on, man! Don't do this, man! I got kids! I love them so GACK!"

Charlie it's the suddenness of it that makes it so spectacular And as you said on clay!!! The racquet didn't have time to make a plea which may violate some secret code among racquet-kind but for this viewer it was awesome, especially the bounce. Wawrinka has a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Charlie it's the suddenness of it that makes it so spectacular And as you said on clay!!! The racquet didn't have time to make a plea which may violate some secret code among racquet-kind but for this viewer it was awesome, especially the bounce. Wawrinka has a lot of work to do.
    Nishikori definitely gets bonus points for being known as a "smaller but quicker" type of player, then Hulking out and annihilating the racket.