Agree Agree:  11
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: '17 Racquet Smashing Contest

I like his Hulk approach at the end, but I need the entire video to fairly assess.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Did you see the perfect line from head to foot as he smashed the racquet? That was beautiful. Finishing the racquet off by hand was a little Wawrinka-ish but it was effective. Nice. 9.0 since it was on clay.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I like his Hulk approach at the end, but I need the entire video to fairly assess.
    This is an important point because, after double faulting, he waited a few seconds before the smash. It wasn't immediate. He had a brief calm period before deciding, "**** these calm periods!"
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Agree. It came out of nowhere. It was like Steffi Graf suddenly morphed into Marcos Baghdatis, in a split second. As if he was suddenly hit by a huge surge of Gamma Rays from nowhere.
    He is goof at this.
    Starry starry night

This is the only video of Coric destroying his racquet while Johnson cries in victory so far
    I love how he held his form while displaying total and complete disgust with himself and the world.

TennisNow‏ @Tennis_Now 2m2 minutes ago
    It's an emotional sport, no? #RG17 pic.twitter.com/9ys8u3VSWz
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

That juxtaposition is just wild. I think that's a winner.
    I disapprove of this message

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But it took too much work. Four or five smashes before you actually do damage? Nah. That gets a zero for efficiency. And throwing the water bottle on the court as he was leaving, that was just rude.

But I still like him and empathize with his humiliation at losing to an American at Roland Garros. That can permanently scar people.
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    But it took too much work. Four or five smashes before you actually do damage? Nah. That gets a zero for efficiency. And throwing the water bottle on the court as he was leaving, that was just rude.

But I still like him and empathize with his humiliation at losing to American at Roland Garros. That can permanently scar people.
    Well it was on clay! Cut the guy some slack!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Somewhat related, but maybe this belongs in Day 4 thread instead. Post match interview with Johnson via Tennis Channel's youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCd_uihFyEs
    I disapprove of this message

He's going all Tasmanian Devil on the racquet. Such unbridled fury. I like it.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post

But I still like him and empathize with his humiliation at losing to an American at Roland Garros. That can permanently scar people.
    Yeah I'm underwhelmed. All fury and no style. And besides, show some class, your opponent's dad just died.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

I finally found some video of Kyrgios outbursts yesterday. The first one is embedded in the story and is at the first link. They're both in the first link but the second outburst got it's own separate gif. You would love it dry.

Deadspin‏Verified account @Deadspin 12h12 hours ago
    Nick Kyrgios combusts, stays dead: http://deadsp.in/IemB4H3 pic.twitter.com/2CQVmbNdQd

I heard on the RG radio Novak had a racquet smash at 1-1 in the third set. Not sure how "good" it was

It was mediocre. But the crowd got on him for it and so it made it seem like a bigger deal than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    It was mediocre. But the crowd got on him for it and so it made it seem like a bigger deal than it was.
    Yeah, I thought it was big because of crowd reaction. Thanks for clarifying. Nothing works for Novak today, he can't even get a nice racquet smash

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast