Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: '17 Racquet Smashing Contest

Paire made a unique entry today:

doublefault28‏@doublefault28 8m8 minutes ago
    Paire (��@TennisTV ) http://doublefault28‏@doublefault288...com/oEL64O2EI0

doublefault28‏@doublefault28 7m7 minutes ago
    Paire (pt.2) (��@TennisTV ) pic.twitter.com/KvcI2x3kFP

He did kind of think about it before trying that sling shot motion. I do wish I could see how the racquet ended up though.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That racquet could easily have flown back and hit someone. They need to start defaulting these guys for doing dumb and dangerous stuff like this. You can break a racquet, but you must keep the racquet in your hand. If it comes out of your hand accidentally, that's gets a point penalty or you lose the game. If it is fully intentional like this one, you're done for the week. Period. And no prize money. Yet get a 0 for points for the week and that counts as one of your results in your ranking.
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Although from a technical standpoint I like the feigned maneuver, I was thinking the same thing as Dry. It's way irresponsible to fling it out of your sight. Just an idiotic thing to do.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Isner just had a nice racquet non-smash. Non-smash because he didn't break it on the court. He broke it over his knee a la Wawrinka some weeks back.

Busy week.

Here's Isner's entry for the week

Tennis TV‏Verified account @TennisTV 4h4 hours ago
    Aw, SNAP �� pic.twitter.com/334auWgMle
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

John Horn‏
    @SportsHorn
    Here's whats left of Ryan Harrison's racquets after his 1st Rd 3 set loss tonight at Indian Wells #ATP #BNPPO17

Judging from the results it looks as if he met almost all of our criteria. I haven't seen any video so I can't judge form.

Loss of self control? Total disgust at himself and the world? I think the evidence is there for that. Maybe he did a Baghdatis?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I watched that match, but I completely missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    John Horn‏
    @SportsHorn
    Here's whats left of Ryan Harrison's racquets after his 1st Rd 3 set loss tonight at Indian Wells #ATP #BNPPO17

Judging from the results it looks as if he met almost all of our criteria. I haven't seen any video so I can't judge form.

Loss of self control? Total disgust at himself and the world? I think the evidence is there for that. Maybe he did a Baghdatis?
    MUST.FIND.VIDEO

This is a clear contender. Just the sheer magnitude of the damage. Baghie would be so proud of him.

TennisTV finally posted some of the video.

Tennis TV‏Verified account @TennisTV 8m8 minutes ago
    Not one, not two, not three...

Ryan Harrison may need some new rackets �� pic.twitter.com/zx9axyj9yf

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Are we allowed to group those all into one?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

That was some really good work on Ryan's part. The last ones must have been after the match was over? If so, I missed those because, well, nature called...

On the other, the more I see these racquets flying large distances across the court after leaving the player's hand, the more convinced I become that this should result in an immediate default. It's really dangerous.

The first one was very street-fight-ish. I utterly approve. And the touch at how the ballboy gently approaches and leaves the second broken racquet next to the first one... well, I think we might have a winner.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Now didn't I just hear Ryan on El Jon's podcast, talking about how he had moved past this type of behaviour? Yeah, I didn't buy it either

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    That was some really good work on Ryan's part. The last ones must have been after the match was over? If so, I missed those because, well, nature called...

On the other, the more I see these racquets flying large distances across the court after leaving the player's hand, the more convinced I become that this should result in an immediate default. It's really dangerous.
    I think if it was an immediate 1 game penalty, it would pretty much vanish. Although, I guess you might see it at 5-0, or 5-1 or something...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast