Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2017 AO YCWJ: Scoreboard/Lounge

Here's the place to talk about the contest! Unfortunately, I have no bad local metaphors this time because I haven't been to Australia, much less Melbourne. A pick tracker will be posted after main draw play begins, and will in the best case be updated daily. Scoreboards will be posted after each round concludes.
    Go Pack Go!

Re: 2017 AO YCWJ: Picks Thread

Aww man I miss this. Maybe I can bring back 20Qs for the French...
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Re: 2017 AO YCWJ: Scoreboard/Lounge

All the people I picked to win in the other contests are losing, and all the ones I picked to lose here are winning.

Welcome to 2017!
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

A pick tracker has been uploaded at http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ck-Tracker.htm. I will update it with yesterday's results hopefully before the start of play today. Please check your picks and notify me if I've written something down wrong.
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 01-16-2017 at 07:06 AM.
    Go Pack Go!

I don't know why I went 6 per haha..distracted by football..I'd have stunk anyway..if u feel like deleting the last 2 players of each, I won't tell..though u can tell everyone how I don't follow instructions well

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    Question 1...who is this ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post
    Ha! I was literally thinking that yesterday. I had looked at your Twitter before coming to enter all the contests.

This is the first time in so many tries that all the people I needed to lose in the first round actually lost
    Last edited by sokoll; 01-18-2017 at 07:01 AM.

I took a look at the trackpicker and, hey, it's not just me [only 1 out of 8 lost], but there's an incredible amount of blood spilled through Round 1.
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    I took a look at the trackpicker and, hey, it's not just me [only 1 out of 8 lost], but there's an incredible amount of blood spilled through Round 1.
    The red "WON"s are where picks have actually won. The white "WON"s are results that have not yet been entered. It looks to me like only Day 1 results have been posted so far.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Sokoll achieved a perfect 20 in the first round and leads. Outside of that, scores were relatively low, with multiple people even picking invalid picks (5 women's picks, Johanna Larsson not in the draw, 6 picks, I'm not sure what's next). We'll see if our contestants have some better luck in the next round.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Johanna Larsson was in the women's draw when it first came out. She withdrew with illness but I can't remember whether it happened before the tournament started or not so for those people who picked her I think they may have been stuck with her.

Sokoll continues to lead after the second round with 33. Patrick also broke the 30-point barrier, and Irena2 didn't lose a pick to move up to third. We'll soon see how the major upsets will effect this contest.

Good luck all.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Sokoll and patrick are far ahead of the field now. They have 43 and 42, respectively, and tenedab is in a distant third with 33. Patrick had the best third round, not losing a pick. At the other end of the field, ponchi101 is the first to have all of his picks win. He won't finish in last though, since motobass has too few points to catch up to him.

Good luck all.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Patrick overtook sokoll, going another round without losing a pick. He's now ahead by 6 points with 54 and doesn't seem to be looking back. Tenedab remains in a distant third, now 13 points back of patrick. Former winner motobass clinched the wooden spoon of the contest with a lowly 5 after his last pick remaining won.

Good luck all.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast