Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I Have HAD it!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I Have HAD it!

To have any chance of keeping pace with mysteryX I needed a third semifinalist other than Nalbandian in Rome. Davydenko landed in Federer's quarter, so I knew I was toast on that front. I put Safin in the lineup as a preventive measure because I really liked his draw, and mystery, 3m and sebs all already had him in there's, so I had to put him in (I thought) just to keep pace. So that left the weenie from hell, Haas, to save my azz... But no, he decided to dump his first round match.

So what happens today? Davydenko retires after losing the first set, which not only means I'll fall further behind as Nalbandian continues to win, but I lose 5 points because of the retirement.

I now officially need a complete and unexpected miracle to catch mystery... Hell, I'll be lucky to hold of 3m and sebs at this rate.

Except for putting Nadal in the lineup, not a single substitution has done me any good. In fact, I think I may have cursed the guys I put into the lineup because none of them have managed to beat a rug since I put them in.

I don't think even my dog can save me now...

Dry
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Re: I Have HAD it!

Try not using subs next time

[smiley=rockon.gif]
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Hey, Dry, you don't have to worry about me.

A third of my team isn't playing in the tournament (Karlovic, Djokovic, Muller, and, of course, the injured-since-AO Zabaleta), 5 lost in the first round (Ljubicic, Grosjean, Moya, Safin and Murray), and Baghdatis lost in the second round. That leaves just Federer and Nadal for me.
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2019

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447
    Try not using subs next time

[smiley=rockon.gif]
    What would you suggest I should have done, sebs? Keep Satan Screwitt on the roster even though he wasn't going to play?

Seriously, though... When I saw this week's draw, I knew I was in trouble... I almost switched to Gaudio. I also nearly substituted Ollie for Malisse. So I guess it could have been worse. LOL!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3mlm
    Hey, Dry, you don't have to worry about me.

A third of my team isn't playing in the tournament (Karlovic, Djokovic, Muller, and, of course, the injured-since-AO Zabaleta), 5 lost in the first round (Ljubicic, Grosjean, Moya, Safin and Murray), and Baghdatis lost in the second round. That leaves just Federer and Nadal for me.
    I have to say, I thought about you when those guys bit the dust, especially Ljubicic. Had Moya found a way to beat Nadal, though, you COULD have been sitting awfully, awfully pretty if Carlos had found a way to come up with something special throughout the week.

Dry

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

meanwhile, ol' too lazy to make any substitutions Moose here lucks out one more time with Gonzo!
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    meanwhile, ol' too lazy to make any substitutions Moose here lucks out one more time with Gonzo!
    LOL! Moose, I can't begin to tell you how many times I've thought about putting Gonzo in the lineup. I wanted to this week, but then he landed in Nadal's quarter. And while Nadal has never beaten him in two tries, I'm fairly certain both of those meetings were very early in Nadal's career. But who knows...

I just haven't been able to get any kind of break...

Dry

Nothing after the 1st ball hit was able to save me.

I'm not certain if I have 1 or 2 subs left and I realized while making substitutions on Monte Carlo that my team should have been disqualified from the start.

My team is juiced!!1 Hehehehe!!!!!!

151 points :-[
    I am a citizen of the most beautiful nation on earth. A nation whose laws are harsh yet simple, a nation that never cheats, which is immense and without borders, where life is lived in the present. In this limitless nation, this nation of wind, light, and peace, there is no other ruler besides the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    And I see you have the MIA Zabaleta on your team as well as PeterSkan and a couple of others.

If the Hamburg site ever posts a real player's list I just might substitute someone in for him this time since Hamburg is the last tournament.
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2019

Heck, I've long given up. I just hope that I can finish ahead of Randomskan.

I'm looking forward to the next contest " mowing the lawns into Wimbledon." [smiley=grin.gif]