Agree Agree:  161
Likes Likes:  128
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1833394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Indeed. Wonder why, as they had not pre-season to come all banged up into the regular one. I guess for those in the FF the bench will start coming into play soon.
    At this rate, I can see leaving an injured player in your starting lineup because you don't have the space to get enough healthy starters and keep your stars benched for when they return.

Christian McCaffrey left his game with an injury since I posted last. And it's impressive the 49ers had enough players left to field a team.

Falcons brainfreeze was pitiful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I'm happy my Cowboys won, but Atlanta's brain freeze on the onside kick was unbelievable. It shouldn't happen.
    There are so many plays that happen every year where I am screaming at the TV wondering what the players are doing, as if they don't know what the rules of the game are.

Although funny personal story, in high school football I was one of the front men on the return team and I successfully noticed the other team changed their kickoff "call" and turned around to tell the rest of my team to expect an onside kick...and then they kicked it into (and off of me) and recovered it.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

NFL backing up their strongly worded letter from last week.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

NFL fined three head coaches - - Denver’s Vic Fangio, Seattle’s Pete Carroll and SF’s Kyle Shanahan - $100,000 each for not wearing masks Sunday, and each of their teams another $250,000, sources told ESPN.

So that’s $1.05 million dollars in fines for not wearing masks.

Add the fines that Peyton and Gruden will be getting after tonight to that.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Do you think Mr Distractor will pay the fines?
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Add the fines that Peyton and Gruden will be getting after tonight to that.
    Totally. And Mark Davis is not flush like other owners, so that's gonna hurt a bit.

About real football
    That game last night was truly awful, for the Saints. But the worrisome part was Brees. He could not connect with anybody other than Kamara, and he was very much off.
    Can it be that we are witnessing the end of both Brady and Brees? I mean, two games are not a sample, but they are really not producing. I know Brees was without Thomas but, in that situation, it is the QB that leads the relationship, not the WR. I am even believing I will drop him from my FF (I made the mistake of drafting him, as backup to Russell, not realizing they have the same off week).

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I'm happy my Cowboys won, but Atlanta's brain freeze on the onside kick was unbelievable. It shouldn't happen.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk
    I've been watching football for 40+ years and I thought both teams had to wait until the ball went 10 yards before touching it. It's completely understandable to me why the Falcons just stood there and watched it spin right by them. LOL.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Do you think Mr Distractor will pay the fines?

I needed that laugh.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

About real football
    That game last night was truly awful, for the Saints. But the worrisome part was Brees. He could not connect with anybody other than Kamara, and he was very much off.
    Can it be that we are witnessing the end of both Brady and Brees? I mean, two games are not a sample, but they are really not producing. I know Brees was without Thomas but, in that situation, it is the QB that leads the relationship, not the WR. I am even believing I will drop him from my FF (I made the mistake of drafting him, as backup to Russell, not realizing they have the same off week).
    Speaking as someone with Emmanuel Sanders on their fantasy roster, the Saints didn't even attempt to use the experienced WR as a Michael Thomas substitute for reasons unknown. I don't know what the plan was in his Thomas' absence, but it wasn't a good one.

I sit Drew Brees in all road games if I can help it, especially outdoor ones, and have done so for a few years. I think this was a dome, but still, he's a different player on the road. If the decline continues at home, then yeah, I think this is the end.

For Brady. The play has declined for a few years. But in terms of the end, I'll believe it when I see it. I'd say it's more likely Alex Guerrero comes up with a new formula for him than he calls it quits if the team isn't losing a ton.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Now it’s $100,000 fines for Sean Payton and Jon Gruden for not wearing masks last night, and $250,000 fines for their teams. In all, five HCs and teams fined over $1.7 million dollars for not wearing masks in Week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I've been watching football for 40+ years and I thought both teams had to wait until the ball went 10 yards before touching it. It's completely understandable to me why the Falcons just stood there and watched it spin right by them. LOL.
    Maybe because I played on the front of kickoff return teams in high school, but I always knew that rule. Anyone in the NFL on that unit should know that and practice it daily/weekly.

And in case you missed this terrible news this morning. YIKES!

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

The Chargers’ team doctor accidentally punctured his own quarterback Tyrod Taylor’s lung just before kickoff Sunday while trying to administer a pain-killing injection to the quarterback’s cracked ribs, league and team sources told ESPN.

Did they employ Michael Jackson's doctor?

That is ridiculous in two forms. One, really, are we at the stage in which we demand from these players so much they need to play through cracked ribs? (rhetorical question, no need to answer).
    And: which college did this quack go to? Trump University?

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1833394041424344454647 LastLast