Agree Agree:  98
Likes Likes:  75
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3182425262728

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

I think KC coach Reid got sucker punched by Bill B and scored too early. His defense was already sucking wind and instead of calling a time out in the o/t after the Patriots marched down field he let the play continue and here we are.

Reid has been around too long to give a team like NE that much time in a close game.

As for the Rams/Saints the NFL "ooops we blew it" isn't enough.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Circulating on Twitter

Officials had a bad day yesterday.

On Patriots last TD drive in regulation which Gronk dropped that landed for INT by defense, KC was called for offside as Ford was in neutral zone but on play, NE should have been called for LT not being on the line. He was off the line anticipating pass rush by Ford. Also, KC got called for a phantom roughing the passer which was huge at that time.

On Rams-Saints, think we covered all the basis.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

How on God's green earth is Sean Payton, head coach of Bounty Gate, on the NFL Competition Committee? That's a joke, right?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Not a fan of keeping the same regular season OT rules. It seems to me both teams must be able to possess the ball so the coin flip is not determinative, too much on the line for that. If both teams score TDs, then it's the next score that wins it.
    Thank you.

I'm not sure if this was in reply to me or not, but if so, I'm saying a TD by the Pats should not win it. It should be closer to college OT but without the ridiculous short field they use. Chiefs get a chance to answer that TD score. If the Chiefs don't score after getting the ball, Patriots win. If the Chiefs score a TD, then 3rd score of any kind wins. I do not like that in this big of a game a coin flip has such a big influence on who wins. I'd also be a fan of just playing the additional time out, like 10 minute OTs and whoever is in the lead at that point wins. No winner, play on.
    Thank you.

@ponchi, why so complicated? I don't mind the additional time and let it be. But I know there's always an argument about the extra time they are playing and the possibility of injuries. I'm open to it for the playoffs personally, but I get that if they can get the few drives done in 7 minutes, they aren't a fan of playing an extra 8.

I wake up this morning still not happy with the OT rules. I've never loved them, but there was always an argument of "your defense can always get a stop" but that's just a joke right now with all the offense and QB friendly rules they've introduced in the last few years that has led to breaking a good deal of the NFL offensive records this season, so it really feels even more uneven than it did just 5 years ago.
    Thank you.

I've never understood the overtime rules, old or new. I know they tried to fix it a few years back but they didn't. A random coin toss should not have this much power. I find it so obvious how ridiculous it is. (Of course, we can pinpoint a person anywhere on the planet using GPS satellites but the NFL can't find a better way to measure for a first down than using chain links, so why is this surprising?)

::

As for the missed flag heard around the world... give me a break - there are missed flags in every game every weekend. It's the cost of doing business in the NFL.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    (Of course, we can pinpoint a person anywhere on the planet using GPS satellites but the NFL can't find a better way to measure for a first down than using chain links, so why is this surprising?)
    Chain links that are held by people who have to run onto the field when they do their measurements...it's very silly for how much drama it produces!
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3182425262728