Agree Agree:  161
Likes Likes:  128
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22374344454647

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

Field Yates
    @FieldYates

Official: the Patriots and Broncos will play Monday night at 5 PM ET.

Also...

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

After a presumptive positive player test today, all Jets players and coaches were just sent home, per source.

Monday night's game between the Patriots and Broncos has been postponed due to a new positive test on the Patriot's team. Game has been postponed to next Sunday. Broncos games previously scheduled for next week against Miami will be postponed.

New positive test among Titans staff. Still awaiting word on game status. There's some belief that maybe the game is still going to be played, because NFL isn't very good at this as evidenced by the last two weeks and have apparently zero understanding of the incubation period of this virus. Titans players in communication with reporters are currently being told the game is on.

Atlanta Falcons
    @AtlantaFalcons

BREAKING NEWS: General Manager Thomas Dimitroff and Head Coach Dan Quinn have been relieved of their duties, effective immediately.

NFL adjusts schedule for 8 teams moving forward

The NFL has juggled its regular-season schedule because of coronavirus outbreaks among the Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots organizations.

Nine teams are being affected, some over a period of weeks through Nov. 22: New England, Tennessee, the Denver Broncos, the Buffalo Bills, the Kansas City Chiefs, the Miami Dolphins, the Los Angeles Chargers, the New York Jets and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Denver's game at New England, originally scheduled for Sunday and then moved to Monday night when the Patriots had more positive COVID-19 tests, now will be played next Sunday afternoon. The move came after the Patriots had one new positive test for COVID-19 on Sunday morning, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Kansas City's game at Buffalo, which was supposed to be played Thursday night, has been moved to Monday, Oct. 19. Tuesday night's game with the Bills at the Titans, which originally was to be played Sunday, remains on schedule despite another positive test result in Tennessee, sources told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Other changes:

• Jets at Chargers moves from Week 6 to Week 11.
    • Jaguars at Chargers moves from Week 8 to Week 7.
    • Chargers at Broncos moves from Week 11 to Week 8.
    • Chargers at Dolphins moves from Week 7 to Week 10.
    • Dolphins at Broncos moves from Week 6 to Week 11.

Changes in bye weeks show Denver's switches to this week from Week 8; New England's from next week to this week; the Chargers' from Week 10 to next week; the Dolphins' from Week 10 to next week; Jacksonville's from Week 7 to Week 8; and the Jets' from Week 11 to Week 10.

Aside from the one positive test, all other Patriots tests were negative Sunday morning, a source told Schefter.

The NFL shut down the Patriots' facility Sunday morning for the third time in 10 days while further testing is conducted, sources told Schefter and ESPN's Field Yates. New England had reopened its facility and held a practice Saturday after the facility was closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

The Titans practiced Sunday but last played Sept. 27 because of an outbreak that has now reached 24 people. They've already had a game with Pittsburgh first postponed, then rescheduled to Oct. 25.

"Early this afternoon, the NFL gave the team permission to hold a practice with limited staff -- players, coaches and a handful of support staff," the Titans said in a statement. "The hour and 45 minute practice took place outdoors."

The team also activated defensive lineman DaQuan Jones and long snapper Beau Brinkley from the reserve/COVID-19 list Sunday.

The Chicago Bears also moved offensive lineman Badara Traore from their practice squad to the reserve/COVID-19 list Saturday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...moving-forward

Nasty injury for Dak Prescott today, suffering a compound fracture in his leg while sliding on a run. He had surgery (which went well) on it later in the day. I saw the replay accidentally when I was reading the article and it was and it was tough to watch.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Very tough to watch. My GF cringed when she saw it.
    Not that there are "the worst thing about this" in situations like this, but he is also negotiating a contract, so the Cowboys must now wait and see. This is the kind of injury that can take a long time. He can call Alex Smith and talk about it.
    I hope he does well.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Funny how much the NFL is still juggling schedule around to try to fit it all in 17 weeks. Guessing next time we get a postponed game it becomes impossible.

They have to accept that the SB will be played in LATE February, if not March.
    And the Pro Bowl? Nominate them, but playing that game will be ridiculous.

About as ridiculous as any year

Although I did attend when I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii in the game that had the best Pro Bowl play in history:

A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

The Falcons are shutting down their facility. 4 people tested positive.
    Super Bowl in April? No Sweat!

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    The Falcons are shutting down their facility. 4 people tested positive.
    Super Bowl in April? No Sweat!
    Well this is going well.

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Friday's team to close facilities? The Colts. Several cases.
    I haven't posted my teams in the Challenge because I want to wait to see which games will actually get played. Save TOG some work (figuring out how to reshuffle our posts).

Retests for all the Colts were negative and facilities have been reopened
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Cowboys 3 - WFT 25.
    You sack somebody, right? I know you don't have Dak and that was a major loss, but you sack somebody when it hits the fan this hard. Right?

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22374344454647