Agree Agree:  165
Likes Likes:  135
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24394546474849

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Saints’ QB Drew Brees has multiple rib fractures on both sides of his chest and a collapsed lung on the right side, per @WerderEdESPN.

If they don't sack Patricia tomorrow morning, the Lions as an organization simply could not care less.
    The opposing team is without their QB, their star RB and you still lose by 20, not scoring a single point?
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Though I thought the Lions would win this one with Bridgewater out, I thought it would be close and could easily be a Panthers win. Not given much coverage, especially because Bridgewater was activated today before being pulled, but the backup QB, PJ Walker, is the breakout XFL star from last year and he just so happens to be playing for his former college coach (Matt Rhule) and with his college WR (Robby Anderson). That's a dream setup for your first NFL start, especially as a backup.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Ravens-Steelers officially moved to Sunday, Nov 29, and will be broadcast at 1:15 p.m. ET on NBC.

ProFootballTalk
    @ProFootballTalk
    In response to the number of players and staff who celebrated Thanksgiving with out-of-town guests, NFL orders all team facilities to close on Monday and Tuesday of next week
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Matt Patricia is finally out. I know he was very good as defensive coordinator for the PATS, but this had to take place at the end of last season.
    Let's see who they hire.

Goodness gracious does the NFL need to consider pausing for 3 weeks after this week's games and calling the current standings final and try to actually have the playoffs. You have like 5-6 weeks. Spend it setting up bubbles for the playoffs and stop acting like you don't have a problem on your hands. You do.

Happening today in the NFL:

Ravens have added 6 more players to the covid list today. That makes 18 players added this week and makes 20 players in total. Uncertain they'll be able to field a team against the Steelers at this point.

Steelers RB James Conner has covid. For those that don't remember, he's a cancer survivor. And he's not been properly scared of this disease, never considered opting out of the season. Let's hope and pray he gets through this.

And then there's the Broncos. The Broncos entire QB room is ineligible for Sunday's game. This includes Bortles, their QB on the practice squad that in theory, should've been nowhere near the others, but was. One of the QB's is positive, the others were deemed high risk contacts. They reportedly met without wearing masks.

And the 49ers have nowhere to play. All contact sport ban in Santa Clara County, pro and collegiate sports not granted an exemption.

You are, of course, 100% right. It is non-sense.
    But I would put a good wager that the vast majority of NFL fans are those that believe C19 is a hoax, and if you pull the plug now, the entire FF/Betting sphere is shot to pieces.
    I doubt the NFL will admit to even a suspension. Until Mahones, Wilson, Brady and Rogers, plus 12 RB's come down with this crap, they will not stop.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    And then there's the Broncos. The Broncos entire QB room is ineligible for Sunday's game. This includes Bortles, their QB on the practice squad that in theory, should've been nowhere near the others, but was. One of the QB's is positive, the others were deemed high risk contacts. They reportedly met without wearing masks.
    At the moment, the 3rd string RB is the emergency QB and they have a WR on the practice squad that played QB in college at Wake Forest. I expect it to be a hot mess. Guess I'm streaming an afternoon game tomorrow.

And contest whore that I am, rejoicing in the fact that my FF defense are the Saints, going against the Broncos.
    Now watch them play soft in a gesture of mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    You are, of course, 100% right. It is non-sense.
    But I would put a good wager that the vast majority of NFL fans are those that believe C19 is a hoax, and if you pull the plug now, the entire FF/Betting sphere is shot to pieces.
    I doubt the NFL will admit to even a suspension. Until Mahones, Wilson, Brady and Rogers, plus 12 RB's come down with this crap, they will not stop.
    According to this 2017 study, NFL fans are the most representative of the electorate of any major American sport. The same study said NBA, MLB, and NHL fans were more Democratic, while College Basketball, College Football, and NASCAR fans were more Republican. Granted, political leaning does not equate to COVID-19 denial, but it is correlated. Of note as well is that the NFL's fan base dwarfs the others in size.
    Go Pack Go!

Can't make this up, they wanted to start a coach. And that's a WR vs. a TE starting in this game, if you're trying to keep up.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Even though undrafted rookie practice squad WR Kendall Hinton is expected to start at QB today vs. the Saints, the Broncos wanted their starting QB to be Rob Calabrese, their offensive quality control coach for the past two years, per sources.

Broncos vs. Saints is worse than I imagined. It's like 1960s football. There were a combined -8 passing yards well into the 2nd quarter. I think we're probably up to around 25 yards at most now nearing the half. I said combined, so yes, it's a mess on both sides of the ball.

The Broncos can be excused for looking like a dumpster fire on offense. The Saints pushing this Taysom Hill like he's got QB skills cannot be explained or excused. They've got a lot of nerve having Jameis Winston on the sideline with this suspect pro football product on the field.

They are afraid of the interceptions but yes, against any other team with a QB, this simply can't work.
    They should at least give Jameis one quarter to get some rust off and see what he can do (we know what he can do, I mean what he can do WITH the Saints).
    Last edited by ponchi101; Yesterday at 04:24 PM.

That game was fascinating... for all the wrong reasons. Might be worth grabbing whatever fantasy defense plays Denver next week (if they are available.)

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24394546474849