Agree Agree:  164
Likes Likes:  132
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2338444546474849 LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

So they are down to their third QB. Who does not seem to be special.
    Where could you find a QB with experience, somebody that, although not having played in a few years, could be at least of use as a back up? Not even talking of a starter, but somebody that could, if this 3rd QB also goes down, step in to help you finish a game?

(CK)
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    So they are down to their third QB. Who does not seem to be special.
    Where could you find a QB with experience, somebody that, although not having played in a few years, could be at least of use as a back up? Not even talking of a starter, but somebody that could, if this 3rd QB also goes down, step in to help you finish a game?

(CK)
    While he was surely better at his peak than anyone else out there, four years is a heck of a long time to be out as a quarterback.
    Go Pack Go!

True, but is he really worse than Ben Denucci and Garret Gilbert? Raise your hand if you had heard of either of them before Sunday.

That said, Jerry Jones may be the least likely owner to actually cave and sign CK.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

CK did an incredibly brave thing. I guess we all agree on the entire narrative.
    Yet, he was in decline already when he "left".
    However, what PT says. Can he really be worse than those guys? Or are the Cowboys going to get Blake Bortles? I mean, I would trade for Fitzpatrick now that the Dolphins are going with TUA, but who can they offer?

I do hope my point was clear. CK has been passed over and over for QB's that had nowhere near the credentials. No wonder he won his lawsuit.

Injury report: OBJ and Kenyan Drake. We are starting to run very thin on players in our FF league.

While on the CK topic, I heard today they made him a playable ... umm ... player in Madden 2021.

In fact here is an article where someone simulated a season with him as the starting QB for every team:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...%20the%20game.

Spoiler alert - as the Cowboys QB he leads them to the Super Bowl
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 10-27-2020 at 06:15 PM.

NFL: Don't Forget to Vote - we've been promoting it all season, it's important to our players, messaging has been on the fields and sideboards constantly, and we made sure to run it on the scroll throughout the Sunday and Monday games this week. In conjunction with the NFLPA we have declared Election Day, November 3rd, a holiday for the league, all facilities will be closed. Please remember to vote.

Also NFL: November 3rd is the Trade Deadline! Pay close attention to our countdown clock and watch our sports news partners to see if your team makes a key trade!

I mean...

Posting these here because not everyone will appreciate the reference being used. But if you do, this is wonderful. Make sure you click the link as well, a reply gif that is as good or better than the original

And the best reply:

https://twitter.com/SEAallday206/sta...14224998608896

Sticking to football: bets defensive play of the year, so far.
    In ESPN Latin America, one of the commentators jokingly said that the defensive player of the week was Metcalf. His co-worker agreed, as did almost everybody.

There's so many covid positives and covid close contacts that you literally can't keep up. I had a player on my fantasy team that tested positive and had no clue.

Cancelled games? Ha! That's funny. We're too late into the season for that level of safety. New measures for the sidelines and pre and post game, but unless there is an out of control outbreak that makes them fall below the threshold for players, they are done with cancelling games.

One of my leagues I picked up a quarterback (Stafford) who the immediately tested for COVID within the hour.

I was undecided whether to drop Aiyuk from my team. Covid made the decision easy (he tested positive).
    That is the reason I am not posting teams for the NFL challenge until Sunday morning. You don't know when your QB will come down with this.

I have him a keeper league so I saved room for him on my bench. That was the same team I picked up Stafford for too.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I was undecided whether to drop Aiyuk from my team. Covid made the decision easy (he tested positive).
    That is the reason I am not posting teams for the NFL challenge until Sunday morning. You don't know when your QB will come down with this.
    Breaking news this morning again means this is just a solid plan. Could've just as easily been a game day for the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    One of my leagues I picked up a quarterback (Stafford) who the immediately tested for COVID within the hour.
    Cleared to play. He never tested positive, you get put on the list for close contacts.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2338444546474849 LastLast