Agree Agree:  119
Likes Likes:  94
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7222829303132

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

And Antonio Brown lands with the Raiders. Because that is one team that will definitely play by HIS rules.
    Yeah.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    And Antonio Brown lands with the Raiders. Because that is one team that will definitely play by HIS rules.
    Yeah.
    After all that this is where he ends up? Really?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Yep
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    After all that this is where he ends up? Really?
    He got $30 million guaranteed and didn't have to extend his contract. It is a huge win for the star wide receivers. He won't wind up winning or likely even contending for a SB with this Raiders team anytime soon, but if he gets injured, he won't be up the creek either.

If you're unaware of the way the NFL teams work behind the scenes to screw with their players' money, you should definitely take a listen to retired players and how their teams operated on the sly. Rest assured, this is an excellent business decision by Antonio Brown, and an idiotic one for the Raiders that will make the owners and GMs want to tar and feather Davis and Mayock.

There have been so many trades that it was too many to post, and they were very significant. But probably none more shocking than what was just announced - Odell Beckham Jr. has just been traded to the Browns. Giants are torching the best parts of their roster.

Adam Schefter
    Verified account
    @AdamSchefter

So to repeat: Browns get Odell Beckham Jr. and Giants get a first-round pick, third-round pick and S Jabril Peppers, source tells ESPN. There's the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    There have been so many trades that it was too many to post, and they were very significant. But probably none more shocking than what was just announced - Odell Beckham Jr. has just been traded to the Browns. Giants are torching the best parts of their roster.

Adam Schefter
    Verified account
    @AdamSchefter

So to repeat: Browns get Odell Beckham Jr. and Giants get a first-round pick, third-round pick and S Jabril Peppers, source tells ESPN. There's the trade.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Who won the NYG - Cleveland trade? NYG did way better than Pittsburgh when trading their star receiver.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

As good as the players should be on Cleveland, I don't know if it's all going to go well there. Not just talking about Odell, talking in general. And this is all with a new head coach with zero head coaching experience.

The Giants got more than the Steelers, but the Steelers are in a way, way better place as a team than the Giants are. Not the least of which is there is no one remotely on the horizon to step into Odell's shoes already on the roster. I have no idea what they are doing between this and Landon Collins. And this Odell trade comes with a large dead money hit just like AB did to the Steelers.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Meanwhile, this Packers fan is loving seeing Green Bay actually signing some players, especially on defense.

Leveon Bell to the Jets. So he has made it clear, and it is alright. He is playing for money. Not for rings.
    Starry starry night

I think this can be read by any sports fan really. But especially if you're an Eagles fan, make sure you don't miss Nick Foles touching farewell to the city and its fans

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...ank-you-philly

Kareem Hunt gets 8 games suspended. The NFL rules book calls for six games suspensions in cases like this.
    I only wish P. Manafort had been "sentenced" by the NFL. No explanations, just go 33% OVER the guideline.
    Starry starry night

In case anyone misses this story. A unique retirement announcement from a likely future Hall of Famer.

Ian Rapoport
    Verified account
    @RapSheet

Veteran DT Haloti Ngata, a mountain of a man, announces his retirement on top of a mountain. He ups on the ante on epic retirements.

Haloti posted this on Instagram (he's there with Chris Long's foundation on their annual fundraising trip) and his message with the picture is - "Just a man standing on top of the world with a heart full of gratitude. Thank you Lord for letting me play the game I love for 13 unforgettable years. I’m retiring on top. I might be finished playing football, but I’m holding tight to the friendships, memories and wisdom I’ve gained along the way. “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” Walking away with no regrets, just peace in knowing I gave it my all and had a helluva lot of fun doing it."

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7222829303132