Agree Agree:  119
Likes Likes:  97
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8232930313233

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

Darren Rovell
    ‏Verified account
    @darrenrovell
    Rob Gronkowski retires. Maintains he lived off his endorsement income and didn’t spend a dime of the $60M he earned in salary throughout his career.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

A simple and non-extraordinary statement, so no need to doubt him.
    There were a lot of rumors about this so no surprise. And the injuries were piling up so a good decision to leave. No good to have $60MM in the bank and not be able to enjoy them.
    As a Pats disliker, I won't miss him. But good for him.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Went out on top with the biggest play of the Super Bowl. I think it was the only 20+ yard play all game.

FYI, although the NFL Draft is being promoted as airing on network TV, in addition to the ABC broadcast, it will also air on ESPN and NFL Network like it has in years passed.

ABC's promos are making me think it's going to be heavily over-produced so I'm happy to have options, and thought I'd mention it if people thought it was just on ABC.

If you haven't been keeping track, most have projected him to be a serviceable backup in the league. But he's got a connection to the Mannings and that's propelled some to think of him more highly than everything else suggests they should.

And a good ole NY Post headline

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    If you haven't been keeping track, most have projected him to be a serviceable backup in the league. But he's got a connection to the Mannings and that's propelled some to think of him more highly than everything else suggests they should.

I don't get all the groveling at the Manning altar.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

No idea what's up with that and no one else does either. Does anyone ever pretend that Eli is anywhere near as good as his brother despite coming from the same gene pool? No idea why Gettleman wants to give a boost to someone just in the orbit.

Funniest thing I saw about Daniel Jones last night was this Tweet.

Neeface
    @_beezneez

Daniel Jones looks like the actor they'd cast to play Eli Manning in a movie about Peyton Manning's life. @Giants #NFLDraft

In case you missed it. And this is not photoshopped, picture was originally posted by the Panthers IG account

NFL on ESPN
    Verified account
    @ESPNNFL

Christian McCaffrey's been lifting �� (via @Panthers)

I had him last season in my Fantasy team. He was gold.
    I will pick him and his legally-non steroid frame again if I can.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Same here... I had him in a PPR league (as well as fellow position catch record setter Zach Ertz) and cruised to victory. Also had Mahomes, so some years everything just lines up perfectly of course.

In a PPR league you may need a top 3 pick to get him this year. Even in non-PPR you may need it!
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Yeah, I've had him before and he's been awesome. But I highly suggest getting a very good backup for him going forward...

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8232930313233