Agree Agree:  129
Likes Likes:  111
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13283435363738

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Well, he was probably in town for a massage anyways so he stopped by Gronk's party.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Damien Williams was robbed. That's his MVP trophy. They don't win this game if not for him.

At least he has a good sense of humor

Joey Burrow
    @Joe_Burrow10

Considering retirement after I was informed the football will be slipping out of my tiny hands. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Patriots are out of the running.

Jeff Darlington
    @JeffDarlington

BREAKING NEWS: It is now official. Tom Brady will not be returning to the Patriots, per Brady. A new chapter awaits. For now, this is just goodbye to the previous one.

Tom's own personal statement for those that wish to read it.

Tom Brady
    @TomBrady

LOVE YOU PATS NATION

Ok, great for all Patriots Haters, because that means they will not win another SB in a long time.
    But, for him: why? He really thinks he can win another SB with somebody else? All the top teams have their QB's. They will not pick him. So he ends up in Tampa Bay, or Tennessee, or some other mid level team and does a "Joe Montana in KC" two years.
    His legacy is cemented. He is the GOAT of QB's. But going to another team is not going to work.
    (Does he stay in an AFC East team so he can also beat every team in the NFL during his career?)
    Missing winter...

He's not ending up in Tennessee, which is a relief to this local.

As for one of my other favorite teams, Philadelphia Public Health just posted another 20-second theme for handwashing... https://twitter.com/PHLPublicHealth/...89731535679488

I'm hearing Tampa or the Chargers maybe. I'm assuming he'll wind up in California somewhere. The Patriots do play both LA teams this year
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Phillip Rivers to the Colts.

Drew Brees re-signing.

Panthers are out here acting like Cam doesn't want to be with the team any longer and they are letting him seek a trade. When it's really the Panthers that are forcing him to seek a trade. They are about to sign Teddy Bridgewater according to reports.

Not sure anything is going to beat the shock of the craptastic deal of DeAndre Hopkins to the Cardinals and David Johnson to the Texans and the Texans not getting a first round draft pick in the deal.

Hey now, David Johnson is coming off 1308 yards rushing...over his last three years. That's less than Nuk's average yards per year. I don't understand why Houston do this.

I never got Phillip Rivers hype to be honest.

Brees needed to retire.

The Brady thing? Once he sees there's no offensive line that can protect him like they did in NE he'll be done in a year.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Rivers has been a solid QB basically his whole career. Never elite, but a lot worse QBs than him won Super Bowls.

Brees is still ok ... if he wanted to go out while still performing at a peak level he should've gone, but he's still good enough to lead a very good team on a playoff run so I would've been surprised if he left now.

Tampa Bay is in the lead to acquire Brady per my local news station. He has 2 stud WRs, 2 solid TEs and a defense that improved once they let Hargraves go. However, offensive line will be an issue. For years now, defense improve later in season but reverts back to horrid the next year.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Tampa Bay is in the lead to acquire Brady per my local news station. He has 2 stud WRs, 2 solid TEs and a defense that improved once they let Hargraves go. However, offensive line will be an issue. For years now, defense improve later in season but reverts back to horrid the next year.
    Looks like it is a done deal. Not the market Tom was expecting for his service. He thought it was going to be Peyton 2.0.

I'm not at all sure this is going to work out. People have been drawing comparisons to Joe Montana going to Kansas City, but I saw someone liken this to Michael Jordan going to the Wizards, and I find that to be the more apt comparison at this stage.

Let's see if they go after some o-line next.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13283435363738