Agree Agree:  127
Likes Likes:  104
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10253132333435

Thread: The NFL Thread

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: The NFL Thread

Glad to see the Patriots finally getting some lucky breaks.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Wonder if he’ll be ready to play tomorrow... against the Steelers?

No. He can't play per NFL rules.

Gave up 30 mil guaranteed from Raiders to get possibly more starting at 10 mil(9 mil signing bonus) guaranteed plus 5 mil in incentives
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Does the AB news ever stop?

Antonio Brown accused of raping former trainer

Next we'll hear he was at the massage parlors with Robert Kraft.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

After more allegations against Antonio Brown the Patriots have cut him. Must be pretty bad!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    After more allegations against Antonio Brown the Patriots have cut him. Must be pretty bad!
    Charles P. Pierce
    @CharlesPPierce

Antonio Brown is now accused of sexual assault, stiffing people who did work for him, and defrauding charities.
    Can’t play for the Patriots.
    Can be president* of the United States.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

I know this is not a popular opinion but:
    The NFL is NOT a law enforcement agency. If AB really has done all these things, it is time for handcuffs. Not to be cut by some team.
    Missing winter...

Especially a team whose owner was filmed patronizing a rub and tug massage parlor on more than one occasion.

In the neverending drama of this story, Antonio Brown has retired from the NFL today.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

So that is what Brown is saying today.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Steelers’ Mason Rudolph knocked out and briefly hospitalized after scary hit

Ramon Foster (73) and Alejandro Villanueva (78) tend to Mason Rudolph. (Don Wright/AP)

By Cindy BorenOctober 6 at 9:03 PM

A woozy Mason Rudolph was helped off the field by Pittsburgh Steelers staffers on Sunday after the quarterback was knocked out on a frightening hit and then violently struck his head on the ground during Pittsburgh’s loss to the Baltimore Ravens. According to multiple reports, Rudolph was released Sunday evening from a Pittsburgh hospital, where he had undergone evaluation for what the team said was a concussion, and was resting at home.

Compounding the frightening scene was the team’s inability to get the medical cart onto the field, a failure that left Rudolph to wobble off with assistance. The situation brought criticism from the NFL Players Association; the problem stemmed from operator error and not a mechanical issue, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which reported that the NFL had called Steelers officials to investigate.

As Rudolph ran from the pocket midway through the third quarter, the 24-year-old quarterback left his feet to throw, completing a 26-yard pass. But his helmet and face mask were struck by Baltimore safety Earl Thomas’s helmet. As Rudolph fell limply to the ground, the back of his helmet smacked the turf at Heinz Field. He lay motionless on the field, with Pittsburgh lineman Alejandro Villanueva and others signaling that the quarterback needed urgent medical attention.

A medical cart came onto the field, but Rudolph was helped to his feet and unsteadily was walked off, with Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster fighting back tears and Ryan Shazier, the Steelers linebacker who has not played since suffering a spinal injury during a December 2017 game, looking on from the sideline.

It did not appear that Rudolph’s health was negatively impacted by the medical cart’s apparent malfunction. The breakdown did not, though, escape the notice of the NFLPA, with George Atallah, the assistant executive director of external affairs for the union, tweeting: “Embarrassing. I guess $15 billion a year [the NFL’s revenue last year] can’t buy you a working medical cart.”

Thomas, who was flagged for roughing the passer, admitted that he was concerned about Rudolph. “I hit the strike zone like we talk about,” he told reporters. “I didn’t go high. I didn’t intentionally try to hurt him. I’m worried about him. I heard he’s at the hospital. My prayers go out to him and his family. I’ve never tried to hurt anybody.”

Steelers offensive lineman Zach Banner tweeted Sunday evening that he had been in contact with Rudolph. “Mason and I talked over the phone. For however many seconds, I was scared about losing my friend, and then God answered my prayers,” he wrote. “I love you @Rudolph2Mason. Get better!”

Mason Rudolph is helped from the field. (Gene J. Puskar/AP)

A second-year quarterback out of Oklahoma State, Rudolph has been Pittsburgh’s starter since Ben Roethlisberger suffered a season-ending elbow injury Sept. 15. Rudolph has completed 63 of 94 passes for 646 yards and seven touchdowns. Undrafted rookie Devlin Hodges replaced Rudolph on Sunday, and the Steelers lost to the Ravens, 26-23, in overtime, with Hodges completing 7 of 9 passes for 68 yards.

“Mason’s my guy,” Hodges said after the game. “He’s one of my closer friends on the team. He’s really taken me in. When you saw me standing on the sideline just standing there [momentarily], it wasn’t 'cause I was freaking out about me going in. I was just thinking about Mason: ‘What’s up with him? Is he okay?’ Because there for a minute, he was just laying there. He wasn’t even moving. That’s tough to look at.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...to-helmet-hit/

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Yes, I like football. I watch the games. I play fantasy.
    But football has to go. It was the game they were showing here and for a moment I thought the guy was dead.
    Missing winter...

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10253132333435