Agree Agree:  46
Likes Likes:  29
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

I'm not exactly against a few early Sunday morning games in London each season in theory, though this is obscenely early on a Sunday if you're on the west coast, but the quality of these games is so suspect, it seems like that alone is a reason not to have them.

Because, you know, the Miami Dolphins can't use Colin Kaepernick's services...
    Starry starry night

Or now the Raiders...
    Starry starry night

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Derek Carr is out for at least 2 weeks with a "transfers process fracture" in his back. This poor guy can't catch a break. (No pun intended.)
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Odell Beckham Jr. Has Fractured Ankle
    October 8th, 2017 at 3:55pm CST by Dallas Robinson

Giants wideout Odell Beckham Jr. suffered a fractured ankle in today’s loss to the Chargers, the club announced today. Beckham will require surgery, which will take place later this week. Video of the injury can be viewed here, but it’s not easy to watch.

Beckham, of course, missed New York’s season opener after spraining his ankle during the preseason. But he’s been mostly healthy since entering the league in 2014 — after a four-game absence to begin his NFL career, Beckham played in 31 of a possible 32 games from 2015-16. His production speaks for itself, as he’s topped 1,300 yards receiving and managed at least 10 touchdowns in each of the past three seasons.

Even if Beckham can return later this season following surgery, the Giants may choose to hold him out for the remainder of the year. Big Blue is now 0-5 after losing a nail-biter to Los Angeles, and most projection models gave New York fewer than a 1% chance to earn a postseason berth even before today’s defeat. Given that reality, the Giants might not want to rush their best player back in a lost campaign.

Beckham’s injury will almost assuredly affect contract negotiations between he and the Giants, as the uncertainty regarding his health will have to give general manager Jerry Reese pause. OBJ had reportedly been open to an in-season extension, but a new contract is unlikely to be hammered out while Beckham is sidelined. He’s under team control through 2018 thanks to his $8.459MM fifth-year option.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...ndergo-surgery
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Ana Ivanovic‏Verified account @AnaIvanovic 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Excited about our first football game. @BSchweinsteiger ������ Let's go @ChicagoBears ...
    We All Play for Canada

Those two always look so happy to be wherever they are together.
    "For the person that we know in the daytime, we don't need to light a lamp to see his face at night." Ghanaian Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Mitchell Trubisky was pretty impressive last night.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone back in 2013 and missed 7 games, with the Packers only winning 2 of those.

post by @cryingjordan

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Hey they tied one too! They snuck into the playoffs at 8-7-1...that may be a best case scenario at this point.

What kind of X-rays are those? He has eyes in his collarbone?
    Anyway, my fault. I took him first for my FF team. Sorry, Packers' fans
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    What kind of X-rays are those? He has eyes in his collarbone?
    Anyway, my fault. I took him first for my FF team. Sorry, Packers' fans
    And that's why all along I was saying don't trade Brady or Rodgers because one of them was going to get hurt.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314