Agree Agree:  127
Likes Likes:  104
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11263233343536

Thread: The NFL Thread

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: The NFL Thread

Man, that was ugly. I think Garrett's actions were criminal and he should be arrested and charged with assault.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely, but at a minimum the rest of this season and the playoffs

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

That whole game was ugly, not just the incident at the end. Another Brown was disqualified for multiple helmet to helmet hits as well.

And the football itself wasn't pretty either.

They meet again in two weeks.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Garrett suspended "indefinitely." Will be at least rest of regular season and playoffs. Pouncey gets three games (and is appealing.) Ogunjobi gets one game (and is appealing.)

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    That whole game was ugly, not just the incident at the end. Another Brown was disqualified for multiple helmet to helmet hits as well.

And the football itself wasn't pretty either.

They meet again in two weeks.
    Yeah, when Diontae Johnson got hit and was down for a long time. Then taken to the tent and seen bleeding from his ear before they closed it.

I hope that the game in 2 weeks goes well enough. It'll help that Myles won't be there. The amount of threats that will reign down from the league and each coaching staff to stay in line should be massive, so hoping it's not nearly as bad as it could otherwise be, but we'll see. Ratings are up this year, so the NFL is going to do whatever it has to to make sure that this doesn't turn back into people thinking about how dangerous the game really is. If that game doesn't go well, I'd wonder if either team could field a full team for their next game for the number of suspensions that get issued.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I can't remember a situation where teammates didn't even come close to defending each others actions as the Browns did with Garrett. The announcers were very disgusted too by parts of the game, specifically Aikman who had several concussion issues in his career.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I love watching pro football. I get a little excited on Thursday morning because I know there's a game on that night. I just find it fun to watch, and to cheer, and to yell at the officiating. But that game last night, starting with the shot of Johnson bleeding from his ear and ending with that riot at the end, left me feeling sick to my stomach. It wasn't fun. None of it was fun.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Mason Rudolph's agent won't rule out legal options; police not investigating Myles Garrett

Brooke Pryor
    ESPN Staff Writer

CLEVELAND -- The agent for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph isn't ruling out any legal options in the aftermath of Thursday's melee.

"I am gathering all information and no options have been removed from the table," Tim Younger said when reached by text message Friday morning.

Cleveland police Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia said Friday that they are not investigating Browns defensive end Myles Garrett, adding that they had not received a complaint from Rudolph.

Rudolph was struck in the head with his own helmet by Garrett after the defensive end ripped it off in the final seconds of the Steelers' 21-7 loss.

A city spokeswoman said the prosecutor can't comment because Rudolph hasn't filed a complaint.

More: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-myles-garrett

I mostly watch the Red Zone coverage. Not that I gamble or play fantasy football but the violence does bother me.

I wonder how many "green pills" Garrett took before and during the game? I wonder how many his team mates took.

When you look back to Lawrence Taylor, the old school Vikings defense, the influence of subsances meant to enhance ability have to be talked about.

I started to watch last nights game but never got around to it.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

TMZ is reporting that Garrett will be appealing his suspension. But since it's TMZ and no other organization that I can see, I'm taking the news with a grain of salt. I hope he doesn't appeal. I think that would send the wrong message from a player who should appear nothing but contrite.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Does any player ever not appeal a suspension?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I can't think of any that haven't. I'm just saying I think it would go a long way towards redemption if he were to not appeal.

Almost never and that's really the way it should be, you want your case to be given a second look a bit removed from the initial media frenzy.

All 3 players have appealed. Decisions expected by Wednesday.

That Saints/Niners game was the game of the year. Niners won 48-46 on a field goal by Gould.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

On the other side, Houston beat the Pats last week. And this week, they lose to the Broncos. How did they manage?
    (Were they missing Will Fuller too much?)
    Missing winter...

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11263233343536