Agree Agree:  119
Likes Likes:  97
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I just read that Alvin Kamara has spent every Tuesday this season working as a garbage man.
    Wow.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Sounds like he does a different job each Tuesday, not just garbage man...and he's teasing they may make a series out of it?

http://www.wbrz.com/news/alvin-the-t...n-new-orleans/

Although, they also say it was part of a photo shoot...so I'm guessing he wasn't on the truck for too long.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 01-17-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Should be two very exciting games today. When I think back to the season, my top 4 games include KC vs NE, LAR vs NO, and KC vs LAR (plus, as a Packers fan I have to include a certain week one game.)

Also, I am still type St Louis when referencing the Rams over 50% of the time.

Really? I'm good on LA Rams, since I remember them well when they were the LA Rams before and never cared for the sketchy St. Louis move. But the Chargers? Still think San Diego with them.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I'm not so bad thinking it in my head, just when I type it out...for some reasons my fingers don't want to type Los Angeles (for Chargers or Rams.)

This game feels significantly different than the first one. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that they played, but a lot has happened for both teams since then I guess. Both have been exposed in different ways and I guess they are taking advantage as best they can.

That non call will be talked about for a long time.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

15s left. Tied at 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    That non call will be talked about for a long time.
    Let's hope not. Saints players have grabbed so many face masks this game that have stopped Rams drives, clear as day, and I'm not sure even one has been called. They have the clear cut advantage in the no-calls as is customary for the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Let's hope not. Saints players have grabbed so many face masks this game that have stopped Rams drives, clear as day, and I'm not sure even one has been called. They have the clear cut advantage in the no-calls as is customary for the home team.
    Jeremy Hodge
    ‏@_hodge_jm

IF the Saints lose Sean Payton should totally eat whatever fine that comes from criticizing the officials in the postgame conference

Oh, they are whining big time. I know that. They haven't shut up since it happened. I just don't think the actual Saints, like Sean Payton or Drew Brees, should go there because there is plenty of video of no calls on the Saints. Plenty.

Saints got jobbed on two non called pass interference in 2nd half.

1. Ginn got hit across middle on 3rd and 7 way before ball arrived.
    2. The obvious 3rd down pass with under 2 minutes to go.

Will Saints get hit with heavy fine if they talk about officials?
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Oh, they are whining big time. I know that. They haven't shut up since it happened. I just don't think the actual Saints, like Sean Payton or Drew Brees, should go there because there is plenty of video of no calls on the Saints. Plenty.
    Think they should as officiating was horrible on both sides
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Payton didn't seem to have a problem when there wasn't a call on his own player for a clear face mask on Goff on the drive before that would've given the Rams 1st & Goal at the 1. Saints were not the only ones with the bad calls is all I'm saying and Rams got them all game long, not just in one half. And Payton wouldn't have been standing there complaining if he had won.

Drew was also free not to throw an interception in OT to not make this the thing that fans are focused on.

daniel kaplan
    ‏@dkaplanSBJ

The NFL needs a PR strategy now and get out in front of this. They can't just let the saints HC say the league told him it was a screwup
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-new-orleans/

Steve Goldsmith
    ‏@sportylaw

Replying to @dkaplanSBJ
    Do you feel this strongly about the missed hands to the mask on 3rd & goal for the rams?
    #Missedcalls go both ways.
    daniel kaplan
    ‏@dkaplanSBJ

More daniel kaplan Retweeted Steve Goldsmith
    Would call this the definition of false equivalency.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast