Agree Agree:  93
Likes Likes:  73
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: The NFL Thread

Week 1 can sometimes have some clunkers, so never know what to expect.

Although there are a lot of stinkers, found a couple good Thursday matches. Week 4 has Minnesota-Rams, Week 6 has Eagles-Giants (if Giants are as improved as I think they are that may help decide eventual NFC East champ). Week 12 has Falcons-Saints, week 15 has KC-Chargers, both also could be division deciders.

And personally, week 11 Green Bay - Seattle I will really look forward to...I'm a Pack fan and thus inherently hate the Seahawks I don't care if that one is a clunker as long as the Pack win.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

There's still a decent number of people around, so thought I'd post a quick reminder. I think there are a decent number of DirecTV customers on here because of the tennis coverage they provide.

Tomorrow is the free preview of the NFL Sunday Ticket. I have no idea why, but they haven't broadcasted info the free preview in the same manner as they have done in the past, and almost no one seems to reporting a notice in their on-screen inbox. But DirecTV has responded on Twitter a few times, that Sept. 9 will be the free preview. So take advantage.

Barstool Sports
    Verified account
    @barstoolsports

James Conner found out he was starting in the middle of his haircut #BeAdvised

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Week 1 and this Packers fan is already spent..went from thinking the season was already done for in the first half...to..wow. Only woke up one of the kids, my screaming is still in pre-season form though I guess!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

With no receiving threats, WR or TE, this is going to be a LOOONNNNGGG season for the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    With no receiving threats, WR or TE, this is going to be a LOOONNNNGGG season for the Cowboys.
    Is that why Witten decided to retire?
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Is that why Witten decided to retire?
    No. He was going to retire this year or next. The gig at ESPN made it this year.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

We can always rejoice in the fact that Jerry is nowhere near a ring.
    But yes. Defense plan against the 'Boys this year: double cover on Zeke. That will do.
    Starry starry night

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    We can always rejoice in the fact that Jerry is nowhere near a ring.
    But yes. Defense plan against the 'Boys this year: double cover on Zeke. That will do.
    How stupid a general manager do you have to be to go into a season where your starting tight end is in single digits in career receptions and every single one of the back-ups has zero.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Dez Bryant is still available...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

First Le'veon Bell, now Antonio Brown...

Antonio Brown doesn't show up to work Monday/

For a team touted by many pre-season (SI has them as AFC champ) not much going right for the Steelers so far this year.

Madden jinx maybe?
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 09-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

How dire must Dez Bryant's situation be? Josh Gordon, with substance abuse problems and suspensions, moves right on over to New England from Cleveland, but Dez, with a clean record, remains unsigned.

Dez does not have the suspensions that Josh does but certainly can't say he has a clean record, and Josh has never been known as a locker room problem the way that Dez has been.

But, bottom line, Dez's production isn't what it used to be. He hasn't been injured in a significant way and yet he hasn't posted a 1,000 yard season in some time and when he was injured briefly, his numbers weren't on track for that. Josh Gordon's talent is viewed in the realm of Randy Moss and there's no evidence, even if it's true, that he's lost that yet.

More concerning for Dez should be when Breshad Perriman and I believe I saw Michael Floyd got signed by the Redskins this week over him. That's what he should be more worried about, not so much Josh, who basically everyone thinks is one of the most talented wide receivers ever, if only he could pull it together. The others aren't thought of even half as much. They are former first rounders, but they haven't been anything to write home about. And Michael has a DUI and suspension on his record even though he is not thought of as a locker room problem.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I think the problem with Dez is his asking price. I imagine if he would take less money, he'd be signed. When he didn't sign with Cleveland the headline was that Cleveland "offered less than 5 million" which wasn't enough.

Hard to believe it was 2014 that Dez last hit 1000 yards...I wouldn't have guessed it was that long.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast