Agree Agree:  119
Likes Likes:  94
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Then don't bother boycotting...not going to make anything change if you do
    That's the tough part.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I'd miss it too. I'm not boycotting because it doesn't suit my rooting interests in the least at this point. It would be completely unhelpful, it's more important to show that NFL can continue to thrive right now in the face of all this conservative criticism. When they discuss the loss of viewership right now and reference the anthem kneeling, it's about those who don't support them, not those who do. If I boycotted, I'd feed more into that narrative.

But I can be plenty militant when I want to be, if there is a true call for a boycott to show our might on the other side, I will do so at that time. I think even doing it just one or two weekends with a visible call for it so that the origins are recognized by the media, where viewership and ad sales tanked significantly, would send a message.

The Associated Press
    ‏Verified account
    @AP

BREAKING: Colin Kaepernick's collusion grievance to go to trial after arbitrator denies NFL's request for summary judgment.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Kaepernick's lawyer approaches the bench and says:
    "Your honor. During the 2017/18 NFL season, the Miami Dolphins hired and played Jay Cutler, the Houston Texans lost Deshaun Watson and played a guy nobody even remembers, and the Denver Broncos played Paxton Lynch for a couple of games, and they NEVER even called Mr. Kaepernick.
    And they DID NOT COLLUDE!!!????"

Case over.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and the Packers played someone who set a record for most passes at home in a year with no touchdown passes? Who couldn't even win the backup job this year against someone who couldn't keep the job for the 0-16 Browns last year?

Speaking of Rodgers, he got his extension. 4 years, $134 million. I'm glad to keep him, but man I wish we could have taken even a bit of that money and used it elsewhere. Oh well, better to spend that one of the best ever, then the $30 million Atlanta spent on Matt Ryan who only had one really great year I guess.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

If you're not keeping track of today's news, Jon Gruden is not endearing himself to Raider Nation. "Destroying the team" is the phrase I've seen most often.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

It didn't seem like a great hire at the time to me, and it sure doesn't look like it now. The Raiders sure look like they will be very bad this year...oh well, that way they can start fresh in Vegas right?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Just a few thoughts to catch up:

I think Chuckie going back to the Raiders is genius.

::

Aaron Rodgers is guaranteed $100 million with $80 million of it reaching him by early next year. I think the money professional athletes make is disgusting. And, considering the fact that many public school teachers have to buy their classes supplies, it might even be immoral.

::

Colin Kaepernick not even working as a backup QB in the NFL is just... well, it's just effed up.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

In order:
    Not genius. Chuckie is a regular coach. One SB (yes, one more than plenty of guys) but to believe that he will bring the Raiders back to prominence is wishful thinking.
    -------
    Agree. But remember, is all about winning. Winning is all. Winning, winning, winning. When the Packers win, every single rundown school in Wisconsin feels better. Even if they don't have heating in the class room.
    ----
    Agree. And I hope when he wins his collusion case against the NFL he gets enough money to buy his own team.
    -----
    Will a WHITE NFL player ever take a knee? Simply because of MORALITY?
    Last edited by ponchi101; 09-03-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    Starry starry night

Jimmy Traina
    ‏Verified account
    @JimmyTraina

More Jimmy Traina Retweeted Buffalo Bills
    I’m not a lawyer, but can’t Colin Kaepernick just show up to court with this tweet and win his case against the NFL?

Buffalo Bills
    ‏Verified account
    @buffalobills
    IT’S OFFICIAL: Nathan Peterman has been named our starting QB!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Paxton Lynch was cut by the Broncos.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    In order:
    Not genius. Chuckie is a regular coach. One SB (yes, one more than plenty of guys) but to believe that he will bring the Raiders back to prominence is wishful thinking.
    He had a great defense, and some very good assistant coaches - three future head coaches, Mike Tomlin, Jay Gruden, and Raheem Morris - plus Monte Kiffin, one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time. In retrospect we may have given him too much credit. Maybe his biggest help was that they played his former team in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    He had a great defense, and some very good assistant coaches - three future head coaches, Mike Tomlin, Jay Gruden, and Raheem Morris - plus Monte Kiffin, one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time. In retrospect we may have given him too much credit. Maybe his biggest help was that they played his former team in the Super Bowl.
    He also didn't form or truly shape that Superbowl winning Tampa Bay team to the point that if the majority of the team that won the SB talks in glowing terms about a coach it is always Tony Dungy and never Gruden. We've seen it time and time again over the years. They know who built their SB team just like the rest of us. Chucky was always given too much credit.

The ad:

https://twitter.com/alexisohanian/st...60348805304320

(Guest appearance: Serena Williams)

I was dumb enough to think this would be the one Thursday game this year that wasn't that bad. This has been an error filled mess.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast