Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  9
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: THRNY 2016: The Red, White and Blue Lounge

Not me. I was smart. I traded Sam Querrey in this week.
    Go ahead. Envy me!
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Tsonga, I think, has an injury so wouldn't be surprised if he showed and then defaulted or withdrew.
    Anyone know any more on this? Since I doubt Andy/Rafa/Kei will make Cinci, I was choosing between Stan/Berdych/Tsonga for my final trade.

He has been injured (Tsonga) so (and don't pay attention to my advise because you know me) I would not pick him right now for anything but YCWJ.

Quote Originally Posted by texasniteowl View Post
    Anyone know any more on this? Since I doubt Andy/Rafa/Kei will make Cinci, I was choosing between Stan/Berdych/Tsonga for my final trade.
    He had a bruised or sprained toe during his loss to Muller in Rio: http://www.ubitennis.net/blog/2016/0...-stuns-tsonga/

That said, he was practicing in Mason with Simon today: https://twitter.com/MertovsTDesk/sta...26439106420736

They are all terrible risky suboptimal choices, what with Stan's dodgy back and Tomas being on too many other people's teams, plus Tomas being Tomas. (I do like Tomas, but that doesn't change the odds of him playing with less mental fortitude than a beer-marinated sparrow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post

They are all terrible risky suboptimal choices,
    Yeah, isn't this the truth.

Honestly, I'm so far behind I shouldn't sweat it. I really can't imagine Andy not w/d from Cinci so I might as well just write names up on the wall and blindly through a dart.

Well at least this week was easy to score.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Is it just me or is Mischa Zverev winning way more matches during the contest than Alex? Especially when you add in qualifiers!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Is it just me or is Mischa Zverev winning way more matches during the contest than Alex? Especially when you add in qualifiers!
    My goodness. Now that you mention it, yes, indeed he is.

Without counting I think I've had at least three players eliminated by Mischa in main draw or quailies. Alex meanwhile is sitting at 18 points for me.

Samuel Austin Querrey, losing to Cuevas is dire, even for you.

And this week (Alex) Zverev goes down to Sugita. What a waste of a pick he's been.

Even when I do have A players they fail me... down to just Tomic this week now.

I have 3 of the 4 semifinalist this week, now all I need is an Andy loss to make sure one of my lower ranked players win the thing.

So.... Go Tomic!

The A players have been a bust. Berdych did it for me.

After the last contest I wasn't sure if contests were going to be your thing Ku... but you're sure doing well this contest!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast