Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wimbledon 2016 - Day 4

We are waiting on an official OOP to see what matches will be listed. Stay tuned since the window for posting will be shorter.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Re: Wimbledon 2016 - Day 4

This goes for both the men's and women's pools
    This is not the bouquet you toss

OOP is out, so bear with me as I sort through the mess that it is...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Good luck Maybe we should just pick from center court matches only since that's all that will be played

very funny pt, and then we're out of picks in 2 days
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
    second Decima of the year !!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm sure there's a good reason for this, but I've never had reason to ask until now. When this sort of thing happens, is there a reason we don't just stick with bottom half one day, top half next day, even if they're not scheduled that day? Is it just tradition and part of the fun? It seems very possible that we might get a list of matches that include 2nd round and 3rd round on the same day, so you might use 3 or more picks on the same round. Or you might have a day like Day 4 where (I think?) most of the matches are carried over and there's a very small number of new ones to choose from. Anyway, it's gonna get weird! (This isn't a complaint, since we're all the same boat )

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I'm sure there's a good reason for this, but I've never had reason to ask until now. When this sort of thing happens, is there a reason we don't just stick with bottom half one day, top half next day, even if they're not scheduled that day? Is it just tradition and part of the fun? It seems very possible that we might get a list of matches that include 2nd round and 3rd round on the same day, so you might use 3 or more picks on the same round. Or you might have a day like Day 4 where (I think?) most of the matches are carried over and there's a very small number of new ones to choose from. Anyway, it's gonna get weird! (This isn't a complaint, since we're all the same boat )
    The main issue here is that some of the matches from the first round aren't finished yet on the top half. In theory, you'd be picking from all the top half round 2 matches on Day 4, but many of the matches don't even have opponents yet.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Yikes... 7 mens matches and 8 womens matches where we'd normally have 16! This is gonna be fun. Wonder if a few people will accidentally make themselves out of picks early by taking the wrong person tomorrow.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    The main issue here is that some of the matches from the first round aren't finished yet on the top half. In theory, you'd be picking from all the top half round 2 matches on Day 4, but many of the matches don't even have opponents yet.
    Ok, I see how that would mess things up too.

The downside is it does mess up your plan of who to use in which day..though that applies to everyone.
    Lucky it is still early days and Wimbledon is the earliest slam for both sides to merge (or maybe not now due to weather..who knows!)

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

At least it's not like the real tournament where some people get to be a couple rounds ahead of each other

So, for my next trick.
    Dry recently boasted that he has the record for the fastest loser ever, being double-cheeked in the two first matches played during day 1. That's impressive, I admit.
    But I have been triple-cheeked TWICE (the two matches of the day plus a carry-over). And for tomorrow, I have 5 matches to play: Madlenovic (head case 1), Jankovic (head case 2) and Garcia (FRENCH!) plus Dolgopolov (head case 3) and Tomic (Head case 4). So unless somebody has 6 matches tomorrow, watch me be the first person to have Five-Cheeked in one day.
    Now, to relax, I will go watch The Deer Hunter.
    Missing winter...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    So, for my next trick.
    Dry recently boasted that he has the record for the fastest loser ever, being double-cheeked in the two first matches played during day 1. That's impressive, I admit.
    But I have been triple-cheeked TWICE (the two matches of the day plus a carry-over). And for tomorrow, I have 5 matches to play: Madlenovic (head case 1), Jankovic (head case 2) and Garcia (FRENCH!) plus Dolgopolov (head case 3) and Tomic (Head case 4). So unless somebody has 6 matches tomorrow, watch me be the first person to have Five-Cheeked in one day.
    Now, to relax, I will go watch The Deer Hunter.
    We can sulk together, ponchi. I have four of the same five for tomorrow (you have Dolgopolov, I have Querrey).

Now, to relax, I will go watch The Relic followed by The Silence of the Lambs followed by Showgirls (my three favorite horror flicks).
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Shouldn't Paire vs. Millman also be an option in the men's SP for day 4?

Quote Originally Posted by oliver0001 View Post
    Shouldn't Paire vs. Millman also be an option in the men's SP for day 4?
    Yes it is. Sorry we missed it in this mess. It's been added.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT TOMORROW'S DEADLINE IS HALF AN HOUR EARLIER SINCE PLAY HAS BEEN MOVED TO 11:00 AM LONDON TIME
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast