Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Golden State or Cleveland?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors Sweep

0 0%
  • Cavaliars Sweep

0 0%
  • Warriors in 5

1 12.50%
  • Cavaliars in 5

0 0%
  • Warriors in 6

4 50.00%
  • Cavaliars in 6

3 37.50%
  • Warriors all the way

0 0%
  • Cavaliars all the way

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2016 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

Some of you might have been a bit hasty in giving the title to Warriors and calling Lebron a loser...
    Roger forever

Well, the Dubs were 73-9, and swept the Cavs (57-25, almost three times as many loses) in the regular season. And every "expert" (except Charles Barkley) agree that this was the Warriors second ring.
    It will be an upset if the Cavs win. Not major, but an upset still.
    Starry starry night

Poll Update:
    No one picked the series to go all the way, so no winners this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logical thinking would be, picking against the world Champion in their venue is foolish. These world champs have been battle tested, they did their own 1-3 come from behind...

But this last game is pretty simple to pick, me thinks. It'll be between LeBron and Steph, whoever does better will win the game, may the best player win.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

10 seconds. Cavs lead.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

And they pull it off!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

And now James is turning me off with his I don't know why God gave me the hardest road bs

It's ironic that the Warriors were beaten with a three pointer, Mr. Irving fired one with a little more than a minute left in the game to break 89-89 tie.

Congrads to Cavaliers, did something no other team has ever done, came from behind a 1-3 deficit and beat the world champs.
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 06-19-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Michael Jordan:
    "72-10 + MVP + Ring
    73-9 + MVP + NO Ring
    You do the math"
    (My imagination, not his words)

---0---
    The 2015-16 Warriors join the 2001 Seattle Mariners and the 2007 N.E. Patriots as... something. But certainly not champions and certainly not the greatest team of all times.

And SH: you were right. The Thunder took something out of the Warriors. The sense of invincibility.
    Starry starry night

Since Golden State led Portland 2-0, Warriors went 9-8 to end the season.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Not only that. They were up 2-0 in the finals. Meaning they only had to go .400 to win. And they went .200, for a team that was .890 for the season.
    They are now talking about the great season they had. To me, in sports, this is like climbing Everest. You can get to the top, in record time, but if you die up there, you failed.
    And the Warriors, to me, have go to be considered one of the greatest failures of all time.
    Starry starry night

My daughter had been saying since April that the Warriors focus was off and that they needed to start resting their players for the Finals instead of marching towards the most wins in a season title.

I think that the Warriors simply ran out of gas. Curry has a laundry list of injuries. Thompson wore himself out vs OKC. The only one with some strength left was Green and he couldn't do it on his own.

The officiating was horrid but in the end the Warriors just didn't have enough gas in the tank.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I think if they hadn't won last year their end of season focus would have been a lot different and they would have rested players. They played hard for the wins record and inevitably had a bit of a letdown in the playoffs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123