Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Golden State or Cleveland?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors Sweep

0 0%
  • Cavaliars Sweep

0 0%
  • Warriors in 5

1 12.50%
  • Cavaliars in 5

0 0%
  • Warriors in 6

4 50.00%
  • Cavaliars in 6

3 37.50%
  • Warriors all the way

0 0%
  • Cavaliars all the way

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 2016 NBA Finals: Cavs vs. Warriors

The best game so far, and I think Curry really was not on fire. Yes, he got 38 points, but he had to work really hard.
    Series is over. You need to give the Warriors a three game losing streak, two of which have to be at their place. No chance.
    And good to see Lebron knowing it and getting totally frustrated late in the game. Maybe that way he will let coaches coach and not get them fired, and get a rookie coach that, although really good, is showing he can't manage minutes because the only thing he can do is put Lebron in for 44 minutes a game.
    Starry starry night

Cavs coach cries 'foul' or lack thereof against LeBron
    Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:53pm EDT

(Reuters) - Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue has cried 'foul' over the lack of calls made against the Golden State Warriors for their physical defense against LeBron James in the NBA Finals.

James, the powerful four-time National Basketball Association MVP, took only four free throws in Friday's hard-fought Game Four loss to the Warriors in Cleveland that put Golden State within one win of a successful title defense.

"He never gets calls," Lue said about James, who has tested the Warriors' inside defense time and again on single-minded drives to the hoop.

"I mean, he attacks. Outside of Russell Westbrook, he's one of the guys that attacks the paint every single play. And he doesn't get a fair whistle all the time because of his strength and because of his power and guys bounce off of him.

"But those are still fouls, and we weren't able to get them."

James played 46 minutes, hauled down 13 rebounds and scored 25 points that included a meager 2-of-4 from the charity stripe.

The Cavs, who led by eight points during the third quarter, wore down and were buried under a flood of three-pointers by Golden State duo Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson in falling 108-97.

That gave the Warriors, who beat the Cavs in six games in last year's Finals, a 3-1 series lead and presented Cleveland with a daunting challenge as none of the previous 32 teams that have trailed by that margin have ever gone on to win the title.

Game Four was not the only game that James found it hard to get calls from the officials.

In the four Finals games, James has gone to the foul line just 17 times in all despite continually driving to the basket and the versatile forward, who is appearing in his sixth successive NBA Finals, sounded frustrated.

"It's been like that all year for the most part," James said after Friday's loss.

"I'm not quite sure what I can do personally to get to the free throw line, but I've got to continue to be aggressive for our team.

"I'm getting hit, but the refs are not seeing it that way, on my drives. You know, it's tough playing 46 minutes and only going to the line four times, as much as I attack the rim. So it's just a tough situation for our team."

The rough treatment, however, has not robbed James of his sense of humor.

Prodded by reporters to go further in assessing the officiating, James, mindful of league rules prohibiting criticism of officials, said: "I'm going to save my $25K, OK?"

(Reporting by Larry Fine in New York; Editing by Andrew Both)

http://ca.reuters.com/article/sports...BrandChannel=0

I guess at the end of the fourth quarter when Lebron tried to throw Curry to the floor should've been a foul on Curry? And he knows you don't step over people the way he did to Green.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Well, I was going to post a reply, but you did it, Ti. Lebron gets at least three non-calls a game (fouls he commits and are not called) and in the last game that showed.
    You will see tomorrow, when they are down by 10 with 2 minutes to go, how he will get up, go shake Kerr's hand and walk off the court (like he did last year). As opposed to Tim Duncan, who, on a completely lost game, told his coach "I always want to play".
    What a diva/cry baby.
    Starry starry night

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 8m8 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Draymond Green has been assessed Flagrant Foul 1 for actions in Game 4 & will be suspended for Game 5.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

N.B.A. Suspends Warriors’ Draymond Green for Flagrant Fouls
    By SCOTT CACCIOLA JUNE 12, 2016

OAKLAND, Calif. — The N.B.A. suspended the Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green for Game 5 of the N.B.A. finals on Monday as a result of an accumulation of flagrant fouls over the course of the postseason.

The N.B.A. announced Sunday that the league had retroactively assessed Green with a flagrant foul 1 for striking the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James in the groin during the fourth quarter of the Warriors’ Game 4 victory on Friday, triggering an automatic one-game suspension, per league rules.

Four flagrant foul “points” in the postseason results in a suspension. Green, who plays an outsize role for the Warriors as a do-everything point forward, already had three.

“The cumulative points system is designed to deter flagrant fouls in our game,” Kiki Vandeweghe, the N.B.A.’s executive vice president for basketball operations, said in a statement. “While Draymond Green’s actions in Game 4 do not merit a suspension as a stand-alone act, the number of flagrant points he has earned triggers a suspension for Game 5.”

The Warriors, who will host Game 5, have a three-games-to-one lead in the best-of-seven series.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/13/sp...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Not unexpected. And also, not unexpected, no mention of Lebron's actions.
    Then he complaints about the refs not calling fouls on him.
    No big deal for the Warriors. They still have Igoudala, Barbosa and Verejao.
    Starry starry night

Brad Gilbert and I are working hard to make sure Lebron's actions are mentioned.

Diamond LeungVerified account
    ‏@diamond83
    Mychal Thompson: "We all respect LeBron's ability..but man sometimes he acts too entitled like he's supposed to get everything he wants."

Game 5 is on the way, it's do or be done for Cleveland.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fight broke out tonight.

That didn't go according to plan.
    The Warriors have played two games this year without Draymond. Lost them both (the other one to Denver).
    So maybe Curry is the league's MVP. But, in a complete violation of logic, the Warriors MVP is Green.
    Back to the drawing board. And if they don't win in Cleveland, it is a one game playoff. All bets are off.
    Starry starry night

Kyrie Irving and LeBron James

Game 5 results:

Warriors 97
    Cavaliers 112

Recap:
    James and Irving combine for 82 points(must be some kinda record) while Golden State trailed the entire second half, Cleveland takes game 5 by 15 points to force a 6th game. Warriors lead series 3-2

Game 6 results:

Warriors 101
    Cavaliers 115

Recap:
    LeBron scores 41 points again , Mr. Curry fouls out before being ejected with more than 4 minutes left and game 7 becomes reality.
    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 06-18-2016 at 12:22 PM.

The Cavs must be feeling good. Golden State looked like the 76ers last game. Completely outplayed, they couldn't get a bucket if they had paid for them, and way slower than Lebron and Kyrie.
    The pressure on both teams must be huge. But I fear the Cavs will get it. They seem confident
    Starry starry night

If Curry and Thompson scores 75 points, Warriors will repeat.

If James and Irving scores 80 points, Cavaliers will end the city drought of a title.

Now, if both occurs, Warriors repeat due to having a better supporting cast. Green is steady while Love is playing below his capabilities and the Warriors bench is better.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

I don't think it is Lebron and Kyrie. Sure, they are doing their part, but the guy that is killing the Warriors is Tristan Thompson. He is killing them with the rebounding and, without Bogut, there is nobody there to get those loose balls. Whoever rebounds better will win, because the Warriors are not shooting that well.
    Starry starry night

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast