Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 86 of 86
  1. #76
    Contests dave g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Silver Bay, MN, USA
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    You called it...of course that's because it's bad news for me and you right?

    Here's my unofficial current standings and what non Djokovics we have left:

    Ptmcmahon - Nadal and Murray
    Dryrunguy - 43 back - Murray and Wawrinka
    tenedab - 46 back - Nishikori, Wawrinka, and Krygios
    patrick - 66 back - Nadal, Wawrinka, and Krygios
    omegadoom - 93 back - Nadal, Nishikori, and Krygios
    waylandboy - 109 back - Nadal and Nishikori

    I'll be heavily cheering for Rafa to take out Krygios tomorrow.
    You have an error, which will change people's expectations of the outcome:
    patrick should read patrick - 66 back Nadal, Murray, and Krygios
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

  2. #77
    Slightly Less of a Loser ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    And that's why I start every update with a disclaimer...sorry for the mixup I had it right on my first table, must've typed something wrong after.

    My new, still super unofficial update:

    ptmcmahon - Murray and Nadal
    dryrunguy - 53 back - Murray
    tenedab - 56 back - Nishikori
    patrick - 66 back - Murray and Nadal
    omegadoom - 93 back - Nishikori and Nadal
    waylandboy - 109 back - Nishikori and Nadal

    I think I've clinched at worst second - and that would need Nishikori to win title and Murray and Nadal to lose tomorrow. Also, I don't think waylandboy can gain enough points to squeeze into the top three. Besides that it's still wide open. Pouille is still looking like a very good pick this week again.

    Also, I have contest schizo to thank for my performance...I had Stan making final in predictions this week...not the first contest shcizo that helped me here.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 05-12-2016 at 05:32 PM.

  3. #78
    Slightly Less of a Loser ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    If my math is right, Murray's win has pulled Patrick into third. tenedab can jump back if Nishikori wins - and omegadoom is still alive as well if Nishikori wins.

  4. #79
    Contests patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,914
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    If my math is right, Murray's win has pulled Patrick into third. tenedab can jump back if Nishikori wins - and omegadoom is still alive as well if Nishikori wins.
    So, if Nishikori loses to Djokovic tomorrow, third place will come down to Pouille vs Murray. If Thiem wins the next 2 sets, all medals will be decided.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

  5. #80
    Slightly Less of a Loser ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Here's a look at the race for second and third spots (UNOFFICIAL of course!) after today

    dryrunguy - Second place - Murray
    tenedab - 3 back - Nishikori
    patrick - 13 back - Murray
    omegadoom - 40 back - Nishikori

    And the scenarios:

    Murray wins title - dryrunguy 2nd, patrick 3rd
    Nishikori wins title over Murray - tenedab 2nd, dryrunguy 3rd
    Nishikori wins title over Pouille - tenedab 2nd, omegadoom 3rd
    Djokvoic wins title over Murray - dryrunguy 2nd, patrick 3rd
    Djokovic/Pouille final - dryrunguy 2nd, tenedab 3rd
    Pouille wins title over Nishikori - tenedab 2nd, dryrunguy 3rd

    Essentially dryrunguy is fighting omegadoom for a medal (omega needing the Nishikori over Pouille final) and patrick and tenedab are fighting for a medal (patrick needing Murray to make final + not lose to Nishikori)

  6. #81
    Tour Pro
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Palm Beach
    Posts
    862

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Here's a look at the race for second and third spots (UNOFFICIAL of course!) after today

    dryrunguy - Second place - Murray
    tenedab - 3 back - Nishikori
    patrick - 13 back - Murray
    omegadoom - 40 back - Nishikori

    And the scenarios:

    Murray wins title - dryrunguy 2nd, patrick 3rd
    Nishikori wins title over Murray - tenedab 2nd, dryrunguy 3rd
    Nishikori wins title over Pouille - tenedab 2nd, omegadoom 3rd
    Djokvoic wins title over Murray - dryrunguy 2nd, patrick 3rd
    Djokovic/Pouille final - dryrunguy 2nd, tenedab 3rd
    Pouille wins title over Nishikori - tenedab 2nd, dryrunguy 3rd

    Essentially dryrunguy is fighting omegadoom for a medal (omega needing the Nishikori over Pouille final) and patrick and tenedab are fighting for a medal (patrick needing Murray to make final + not lose to Nishikori)
    it's very simple. It looks like I need just one of two miracles: Nishikori to beat Djokovic and Murray or Lucky Loser Pouille get his lucky day and beat Murray. Should I believe in miracles?

  7. #82
    Slightly Less of a Loser ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Murray has never defeated Pouille I'll let you guess why though.

  8. #83
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator
    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,423
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Here's a look at the race for second and third spots (UNOFFICIAL of course!) after today

    dryrunguy - Second place - Murray
    tenedab - 3 back - Nishikori
    patrick - 13 back - Murray
    omegadoom - 40 back - Nishikori

    And the scenarios:

    Murray wins title - dryrunguy 2nd, patrick 3rd
    Nishikori wins title over Murray - tenedab 2nd, dryrunguy 3rd
    Nishikori wins title over Pouille - tenedab 2nd, omegadoom 3rd
    Djokvoic wins title over Murray - dryrunguy 2nd, patrick 3rd
    Djokovic/Pouille final - dryrunguy 2nd, tenedab 3rd
    Pouille wins title over Nishikori - tenedab 2nd, dryrunguy 3rd

    Essentially dryrunguy is fighting omegadoom for a medal (omega needing the Nishikori over Pouille final) and patrick and tenedab are fighting for a medal (patrick needing Murray to make final + not lose to Nishikori)
    Based on that, it's pretty clear Nishikori will beat Pouille in the final. Write it down. Curses.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  9. #84
    Slightly Less of a Loser ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    If my numbers are right then in that scenario I think I beat tenedab for first by 1 measley point...so I'd be very nervous of a miscalculation by me. Of course if it does go that way I can say trading in Ramos and getting 1 win from him was my winning move

  10. #85
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator
    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,423
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    If my numbers are right then in that scenario I think I beat tenedab for first by 1 measley point...so I'd be very nervous of a miscalculation by me. Of course if it does go that way I can say trading in Ramos and getting 1 win from him was my winning move
    Ditto. Except in my case, my decision to trade in Seppi instead of Coric has loomed unexpectedly large. Coric was a pretty sure bet to win one match and lose to Murray. He didn't win a match. I got greedy and went for Seppi, hoping the Italian crowd would help him win a match and then upset Gasquet. But at least he did win one match, unlike Coric.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  11. #86
    Slightly Less of a Loser ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    15,583

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Looks like now tenedab needs a Nishikori title to medal...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •