Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86
  1. #61

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    I took a quick peek, so I may be wrong...but I think there is only one person who has both...

    tenedab! Might be back to back winning weeks for tenedab?

    Me personally, I dumped Sousa for Dimitrov last week...which had seemed like a good idea ...

  2. #62
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,757
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    I took a quick peek, so I may be wrong...but I think there is only one person who has both...

    tenedab! Might be back to back winning weeks for tenedab?

    Me personally, I dumped Sousa for Dimitrov last week...which had seemed like a good idea ...
    Things always seem like a good idea when Grigor is involved--picking him for predictions, picking him for a fantasy team, picking him in a SP, picking against him in a SP--until you actually do it. And we weep...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  3. #63

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    I'm struggling to decide what to do with these last two trades. Draw wise it seems Djokvoic-Murray are the ones to have but I'm still thinking Rafa has the best chance to win this if Djokovic doesn't - so I'm probably gonna stand pat with my A team. I may just add two C players so I'll have some playing and expect to just get 2 points from the moves.

  4. #64

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    For fun, made a quick (unofficial!) list of who the top 3 and the 3 "within 100" have this week. Excluding Djokvoic, who we all have:

    ptmcmahon - Murray/Nadal, Dimtirov/Fognini/Paire, Ramos
    drynruguy - Murray/Wawrinka, GGL/Paire/Sousa, Seppi
    tenedab - Nishikori/Wawrinka, Dimitrov/Krygios/Sousa, Coric
    patrick - Murray/Nadal, Fognini/Krygios/Sousa
    omegadoom - Nadal/Nishikori, Krygios/Lopez/GGL, Coric/Ramos
    waylandboy - Nadal/Nishikori, GGL/Simon/Sousa, Coric/Ramos, Gulbis

    When I saw dry and tenedab do the Nadal for Stan trade I strongly considered doing the same to have them covered but decided not to...Stan is probably public enemy #1 for me this week.

    Apologies for whatever mistakes I made. I think we only had one qualifier (Gulbis) among us all.

  5. #65
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,757
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    This week I had a hard time figuring out if I was going to try to catch you, ptmcmahon, or if it was more important to hold off tenedab and the others. Given how weak his quarter is, taking Wawrinka seemed like the best way to try to do a little of both. At least until tenedab made the same trade.

    As long as I finish in the top three, I'm happy. As you know, my biggest source of dread is the prospect of finishing fourth... By a point or two...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  6. #66

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    That is the reason I said I wish we were playing with WTA players. With Novak an almost lock to win this, 100 points are secured by almost everybody. So the possibility to move is almost gone.
    If this were the WTA, and this being clay, not even Serena is a lock. So maybe Mugu wins it. Or Vika. Or Ana. Or Taylor Townsend. Or Taylor Swift. Heck, Kimiko Date hits her potential and who knows?
    Missing winter...

  7. #67

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Heck, Kimiko Date hits her potential and who knows?
    One of these years.

    Meanwhile, the Patricks GGL for Fognini moves immediately fail. I blame the contest admins for giving us that sixth trade

  8. #68

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    That is the reason I said I wish we were playing with WTA players. With Novak an almost lock to win this, 100 points are secured by almost everybody. So the possibility to move is almost gone.
    Exactly. For example this week round 2 isn't done and I'm already down to Rafa/Djokvoic/Murray. Whereas for Around the World I was able to grab CSN and she actually won a tournament with most of the top players and make a major move in standings. Much harder here, especially since the tournaments with the top guys are worth more - the predictable tournaments get the most points.

  9. #69
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,757
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Exactly. For example this week round 2 isn't done and I'm already down to Rafa/Djokvoic/Murray. Whereas for Around the World I was able to grab CSN and she actually won a tournament with most of the top players and make a major move in standings. Much harder here, especially since the tournaments with the top guys are worth more - the predictable tournaments get the most points.
    I think all or most of us in contention, based on the list of players remaining you posted a few days ago, are going to be in the same boat (only A players left) after today is over. Unless Kyrgios or Garcia-Lopez do something special and unexpected in their matches. Kyrgios probably has the best chance to make a difference for the folks who have him. And he's already up a break in the first set in his match.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  10. #70
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,757
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Yup. Looks like Kyrgios is going to be the wildcard/spoiler--depending on whether you have him or not.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  11. #71

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    You called it...of course that's because it's bad news for me and you right?

    Here's my unofficial current standings and what non Djokovics we have left:

    Ptmcmahon - Nadal and Murray
    Dryrunguy - 43 back - Murray and Wawrinka
    tenedab - 46 back - Nishikori, Wawrinka, and Krygios
    patrick - 66 back - Nadal, Wawrinka, and Krygios
    omegadoom - 93 back - Nadal, Nishikori, and Krygios
    waylandboy - 109 back - Nadal and Nishikori

    I'll be heavily cheering for Rafa to take out Krygios tomorrow.

  12. #72

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    You called it...of course that's because it's bad news for me and you right?

    Here's my unofficial current standings and what non Djokovics we have left:

    Ptmcmahon - Nadal and Murray
    Dryrunguy - 43 back - Murray and Wawrinka
    tenedab - 46 back - Nishikori, Wawrinka, and Krygios
    patrick - 66 back - Nadal, Wawrinka Murray, and Krygios
    omegadoom - 93 back - Nadal, Nishikori, and Krygios
    waylandboy - 109 back - Nadal and Nishikori

    I'll be heavily cheering for Rafa to take out Krygios tomorrow.
    Done
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

  13. #73

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    I think those Stan and Krygios losses may have clinched it for me.

  14. #74
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    dryrunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    52,757
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    I think those Stan and Krygios losses may have clinched it for me.
    Yeah, I can't see a scenario where you lose at this point. Silver and bronze are still up in the air, though.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

  15. #75

    Re: 2016 The Slide into Paris: Terra Cotta Lounge

    Maybe if Nishikori wins title? Might be enough to drop me to second if Nadal and Murray lose tomorrow?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •