Agree Agree:  7
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: '16 AO Day 1 OoP & Discussion

Yay! Errani is through---as in done, down and OUT!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Errani only won 1 point after the MTO, and Gasparyan is through.
    I think this is the first time I watched Gasparyan. I liked The way she closed, no hiccups.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Beau! Great to see you again! I'm so excited I'll send over a bottle of whatever wine they're serving at table one.

Sara and Ivo get the honor of being the first seeds to lose this AO2016

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Thanks, Martini! Make it a Malbec in the Loser's Lounge since I'm already half-cheeked :P
    I'll miss you!

Sakkari's answer to everyone who picked her for YCWJ

https://twitter.com/Davodus/status/688916240316919810

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I was watching the Stephens/Wang match and the announcers mentioned a few times how Sloane might have had an ailment because she "didn't look her best" but, frankly, I have seen enough of Sloane's matches to know that she almost always looks like she couldn't give two figs about being there and she didn't look any worse off or more hampered than normal, so whatever.
    I'll miss you!

Ugh. Sloane, Sloane, Sloane. Didn't she know some of us had picked her through to the 4th round? She comes in having won Auckland and then flames out first round? Ugh. At least I didn't pick her for the suicide pool.

You are starting on the right foot with the SP, niteowl. Those close calls, in which you save a player for later and then watch him/her flame out get you in the right frame to be very careful with the picks. Not that you need to be more careful ever, but good call.
    Sloane is one more loss like this one from putting Melanie Oudin in speed dial #2.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Wow, some really surprising results this morning. Starting with Stephens losing... Coric also two sets down to player I've never seen play. At least I didn't take him in SP (thought he might beat Cilic).
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    You are starting on the right foot with the SP, niteowl. Those close calls, in which you save a player for later and then watch him/her flame out get you in the right frame to be very careful with the picks. Not that you need to be more careful ever, but good call.
    Sloane is one more loss like this one from putting Melanie Oudin in speed dial #2.
    I'm going to speak up for everyone's favorite show decorator here (#Believe) and suggests unlike Oudin, Stephens probably isn't suffering from (actual physical) heart issues and anxiety attacks. I'll give them both f'd up family situations (estranged famous father dies in car crash vs mother had affair with coach).

#believe# defense over

lol. Well, being my first SP, any "strategy" (if it can even be called that) will definitely be evolving!

As for Sloane...seriously frustrating. She could be much higher ranked if she had the heart/desire/whatever. Clearly I need to remember that winning a title is not a sign for her.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I'm going to speak up for everyone's favorite show decorator here (#Believe) and suggests unlike Oudin, Stephens probably isn't suffering from (actual physical) heart issues and anxiety attacks. I'll give them both f'd up family situations (estranged famous father dies in car crash vs mother had affair with coach).

#believe# defense over
    Please elaborate. Who had an affair with coach?
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Please elaborate. Who had an affair with coach?
    That was Oudin's mother. Here's a link: http://www.si.com/tennis/2009/09/09/oudin-family

1 point?!?! Why can't life ever be perfect? (Shvedova, where are you when we need you?)

Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast