Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92
  1. #31
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    3,146

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    The blokes don't scrub up too well considering the money they earn to spend on clothes. Those shirts look like 5 dollars apiece from a local store

  2. #32

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    What is going on with Feli's zipper?
    Easier access.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

  3. #33

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    Easier access.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  4. #34

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Seriously? Little faith in Serena Williams Down Under
    11:45 PM ET

    ESPN.com

    After the closest finish in the history of ESPN's Experts' Picks last season, our fearless prognosticators are ready to put their reputations on the line for the first time in 2016.

    While the men's field appears to be more straightforward, the rash of injuries on the WTA has given our pundits a lot to think about.

    Especially in the case of world No. 1 Serena Williams. In 2015, she utterly dominated the tour until the US Open and then disappeared from the circuit. What's in store for her this season? Based on the predictions, our experts have their doubts heading into the first major of the year.

    With that, our picks for the Australian Open.

    http://espn.go.com/tennis/aus16/stor...erena-williams
    Surprised that so many are picking Azarenka. I say there's no way she even comes close, at least not yet.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

  5. #35

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    If not yet...then when. She's been to full health for over a year now. If she's going to step up and win more slams it's going to have to be sooner than later.

  6. #36

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    If not yet...then when. She's been to full health for over a year now. If she's going to step up and win more slams it's going to have to be sooner than later.
    Yes, but her record against all the top players right now has been abysmal since she's come back. I know she steamrolled through her warm up tournament, but didn't play anyone of note (other than Kerber, who has an inflated ranking at the moment), and I don't see her coming out of nowhere to take the title. Maybe after she works her way into the season.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

  7. #37

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    The blokes don't scrub up too well considering the money they earn to spend on clothes. Those shirts look like 5 dollars apiece from a local store
    I always laugh at how little effort the men give.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Surprised that so many are picking Azarenka. I say there's no way she even comes close, at least not yet.
    I'm picking her too. She terrorized the field in Brisbane.

    I also think Serena's days of winning a slam with no prep might be over. In the last several years, she's actually come into her slams healthy and with matches under her belt.

    Azarenka is peaking with health, motivation, and match play. Serena is X, ?, X on those. Still, take your pick. I think this AO is going to be wacky. Watch out for Pironkova!

  8. #38

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Yes, but her record against all the top players right now has been abysmal since she's come back. I know she steamrolled through her warm up tournament, but didn't play anyone of note (other than Kerber, who has an inflated ranking at the moment), and I don't see her coming out of nowhere to take the title. Maybe after she works her way into the season.
    Last year she had 3 losses to Serena, 2 to Sharapova, and 1 to Halep (in the USO match that a lot of people called the best of the tournament).

    4 wins over Wozniacki, 2 over Venus, 2 over Kerber, 1 over Kvitova. She had zero problems with Bencic and Svitolina.

    If everyone were healthy and playing well, I'd probably put Azarenka around 4th or 5th in the odds. She's moved up because she's entering the Australian Rehabilitation Facility Open and ended up in the opposite half from Serena and Sharapova.

  9. #39

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    I always laugh at how little effort the men give.


    I'm picking her too. She terrorized the field in Brisbane.

    I also think Serena's days of winning a slam with no prep might be over. In the last several years, she's actually come into her slams healthy and with matches under her belt.

    Azarenka is peaking with health, motivation, and match play. Serena is X, ?, X on those. Still, take your pick. I think this AO is going to be wacky. Watch out for Pironkova!
    I think so, too. I'm going with Mugu over Radwanska for her breakthrough win.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

  10. #40

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    I went with Azarenka over Serena which I'm 99% sure is horribly wrong
    Roger forever

  11. #41

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Last year she had 3 losses to Serena, 2 to Sharapova, and 1 to Halep (in the USO match that a lot of people called the best of the tournament).

    4 wins over Wozniacki, 2 over Venus, 2 over Kerber, 1 over Kvitova. She had zero problems with Bencic and Svitolina.

    If everyone were healthy and playing well, I'd probably put Azarenka around 4th or 5th in the odds. She's moved up because she's entering the Australian Rehabilitation Facility Open and ended up in the opposite half from Serena and Sharapova.
    Of that second tier group, only Kvitova is currently a slam threat, and then only in the back half of the season. Assuming she'd have to play against 2 of the top three you listed to win the title, I'm not putting a lot of confidence in her quite yet (although if she makes it to the final and plays Radwanska, I'd like her odds there).
    This is not the bouquet you toss

  12. #42
    Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

    beaujarkko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastpointe, MI
    Posts
    5,825
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I went with Azarenka over Serena which I'm 99% sure is horribly wrong
    That's exactly what I went with, with about the same amount of certainty.
    I'll miss you!

  13. #43

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    OK!
    It's Monday morning in Australia, 9:00 AM to be exact.

    In 2 hours the main draw begins, it's 72° F and Sunny in Melbourne.


    Last edited by Correspondent Kiu; 01-17-2016 at 02:08 PM.

  14. #44

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    yeah I know its time for me to go to bed. I hate the australian, since I'm in Paris ...
    Oh well lets hope and I'll see you guys tomorrow.
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
    second Decima of the year !!

  15. #45
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    3,146

    Re: ATP WTA GS Australian Open 1/18-1/31 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Madame View Post
    yeah I know its time for me to go to bed. I hate the australian, since I'm in Paris ...
    Oh well lets hope and I'll see you guys tomorrow.
    yep bedtime here in the UK too, but ive set my alarm an hour early so I can watch a bit before I go work
    Mary, queen of shots

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •