Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  18

Hello, I'm new here...

Good day all. Big Morrissey fan here and an an even bigger tennis fan. My name's Kevin and I live in Toronto. I used to post on the Centre Court tennis forum, but it seems to have died. I've heard of this forum from participating in BOTB competitions. Favourite players are Fed Hingis Sharapova Safarova Gasquet Dimitrov Lisicki. Out of the game faves include Navratilova Edberg Becker Seles.

Not sure what to expect, but I hope I can find a home here

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Hello, I'm new here...

Hello and Welcome!

It's getting to a quieter part of the season now, but there's always stuff going on here. It's a very friendly community if I do say so myself.

We have a wide variety of fan bases here, so I know for a fact there are many others with the same set of favorites.

Shameless plug to follow:
    You mentioned the BOTB contest, so you might want to check out some of our local contests here, such as the Seasonal Team contests (A Month In The Sun will be coming up next for the leadup to the Australian Open), our year round prediction contest that's sadly wrapping up for this season now, Slam contests including the Suicide Pool and You Can't Win Jack. And some other scattered contests for other sports and popular events.

Sorry for the awkward commercializing there! Really, just wanted to say welcome and invite you to stay as long as you want.
    I disapprove of this message

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Hello and Welcome!

It's getting to a quieter part of the season now, but there's always stuff going on here. It's a very friendly community if I do say so myself.

We have a wide variety of fan bases here, so I know for a fact there are many others with the same set of favorites.

Shameless plug to follow:
    You mentioned the BOTB contest, so you might want to check out some of our local contests here, such as the Seasonal Team contests (A Month In The Sun will be coming up next for the leadup to the Australian Open), our year round prediction contest that's sadly wrapping up for this season now, Slam contests including the Suicide Pool and You Can't Win Jack. And some other scattered contests for other sports and popular events.

Sorry for the awkward commercializing there! Really, just wanted to say welcome and invite you to stay as long as you want.
    thanks. I thought the end of season was best to join here. I can get used to the place before the new season starts in January. and thanks for the heads up on the contests...I am keen to take part

Welcome. As James said this is the slower part of the season but there's plenty of non-tennis topics we discuss.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Hello Moz. Glad you are joining. This is a fun site but I have to warn you about the Suicide Pools, which have driven many a grown person to insanity and alcoholism and, well, there are some odd characters here that we will warn you about in the future, but overall you will like it.
    Hope you have as much fun as we do.
    Missing winter...

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Welcome!! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy!
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Welcome the Moz!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Welcome!!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Enjoy!

Welcome!
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

A big howdy and welcome to Moz.......GH

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Welcome. As James said this is the slower part of the season but there's plenty of non-tennis topics we discuss.
    Hi Moz,
    One of our members created a great quote about our site's activity level during the tennis off-season. However, I was not able to find it, so I'll have to repeat it as well as I can remember it. 'After sating ourselves on fish and berries, we will shortly go back to our caves and snore uproariously' (bears going into hibernation)

So, don't get concerned if the site gets quite for the next month. As James7 noted, we have a lot of contests throughout the year and some of them will start up the week before the first tournament (Jan 4). So, even if the site looks like it is asleep for a while, make sure you check in a couple of times during the week of December 27.

Welcome aboard. This is a good group, especially if you are tired of dealing with trolls.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Hi, Moz! Welcome! Just one warning: Beware of Belslus.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Hi, Moz! Welcome! Just one warning: Beware of Belslus.
    I think he's in the midst of a Calm Period... unless Roger wins the WTF.
    Meet again we do, old foe...