Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
  1. #46

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    10th straight final for Roger. I believe that has never been done on ATP tour at any single tournament.
    Roger forever

  2. #47
    Everyday Warrior MJ2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,109

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Just what the doctor ordered for Rafa.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #48

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    SCHEDULE - SUNDAY, 1 NOVEMBER 2015

    CENTRE COURT start 12:00 noon

    [3] J. Murray (GBR) / J. Peers (AUS)
    vs A. Peya (AUT) / B. Soares (BRA)

    Not Before 2:30 pm
    [1] R. Federer (SUI)
    vs [3] R. Nadal (ESP)
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.




  4. #49

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    10th straight final for Roger. I believe that has never been done on ATP tour at any single tournament.
    I totally misread this as ten in a row this year But yes, that is defintitely a record. He also has the record with 10 straight grand slam finals.

    This is his 12th Basel final, also a record - no one has made more than 10 finals at a tournament elsewhere - and he has 2 of those other 3 ten time finals (Halle and Wimbledon - the other is Vilas in Buenos Aires.) He's only won Basel 6 times so far...behind four other tournaments for him. The overall record (which I wouldn't have guessed) - Rafa's 9 at RG.

  5. #50

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Fairly entertaining first set for Roger. Nothing spectacular, but got the job done.
    Rafa's serve simply can't hurt anybody. Against Roger, that is a huge liability.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  6. #51
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    3,146

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Rafa is back in the building!! Not seen this standard from him for a long while. Into the third set...

  7. #52
    Everyday Warrior MJ2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,109

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    Just what the doctor ordered for Rafa.
    Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    Rafa is back in the building!! Not seen this standard from him for a long while. Into the third set...

  8. #53

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    It will not be a classic, but so far, a very nice match. I think they are a bit off because they haven't played each other in a long time. But some fun stuff.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  9. #54
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    3,146

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Fairly entertaining first set for Roger. Nothing spectacular, but got the job done.
    Rafa's serve simply can't hurt anybody. Against Roger, that is a huge liability.
    Rafa has served 14 games so far and not hit a single ace!!

  10. #55

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Roger gets it done this time
    Roger forever

  11. #56

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Fun match. Not one to keep in the DVD but they play nice matches.
    Rafa's serve and backhand need to get better. And I am not sure if he has lost some speed too. But he is no longer playing #7 tennis. Maybe #5.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  12. #57

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Rafa had a major brainfart in that final deuce. Still, he's moving in the right direction though much work is left.

    All in all, this was the best Rafa I've seen all year. I was expecting him to get pasted.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

  13. #58

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Rafa had a major brainfart in that final deuce. Still, he's moving in the right direction though much work is left.

    All in all, this was the best Rafa I've seen all year. I was expecting him to get pasted.
    ....And ALL it took was a fast court, in Roger's hometown, the promise of The Annual Ceremonial Doomed Gift Cow, and with an End of Days Rafa.

    Surely NOW we can all say that Roger is the Bestestest Ever, with his record against Rafa updated to 11-2,578.

    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

  14. #59

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    ....And ALL it took was a fast court, in Roger's hometown, the promise of The Annual Ceremonial Doomed Gift Cow, and with an End of Days Rafa.

    Surely NOW we can all say that Roger is the Bestestest Ever, with his record against Rafa updated to 11-2,578.

    I love it when you show up and put everything in perspective
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

  15. #60

    Re: ATP M500 Basel 10/26 - 11/1 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I love it when you show up and put everything in perspective
    What's especially delightful is noting that, Novak means that the joke's on all of us.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •