Agree Agree:  20
Likes Likes:  18
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: The Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    then again, lucky for Genie, Radek has said he is done with tennis playing wives, so she is safe
    because she would not have any choice in the matter, seeing as how nobody is able to resist his charms, whatever they may be

I see your point, but there is something to be said: Radek has dated (and married) way above his weight.
    Sorry to the feminists, but I can't articulate it in a less offending way. My apologies.
    Starry starry night

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    because she would not have any choice in the matter, seeing as how nobody is able to resist his charms, whatever they may be
    OMG, they'd have the most jolie laide child.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I see your point, but there is something to be said: Radek has dated (and married) way above his weight.
    Sorry to the feminists, but I can't articulate it in a less offending way. My apologies.
    What does that have to do with feminism?

Well, it tangentially claims that Radek married Nicole simply because of beauty. Somebody might find that not too nice to claim.
    Starry starry night

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Well, it tangentially claims that Radek married Nicole simply because of beauty. Somebody might find that not too nice to claim.
    Given that Stepanek is known to be kind of an asshole, and Vaidisova is known to be very nice (except that one time she stared our TAT crew down at the US Open after we were staring at her during a Stepanek match), the statement was fine (but I guess your thinking wasn't ). Whatever magical powers Stepanek has, they're not evident.

BTW, since you were judging them both by appearance, not just her, I'd still argue it had nothing to do with feminism

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    that one time she stared our TAT crew down at the US Open after we were staring at her during a Stepanek match
    Oh that sounds fun!

Speculate, please, on whether Mugu keeps climbing up, or does she do a Bouchard?
    I expect her and Sharapova to battle it out for supremacy once Serena retires, with maybe Vika if she can get back to her old level.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Why do we think Muguruza is better than Kvitova long term? I'm not that confident about it as some of you seem to be.
    Roger forever

Because Kvitova is a known quantity? Can beat anybody, can lose to anybody. She will get a few more slams, because she is too good not to. But she will drop a few more matches like at Wimby this year, or the WTA finals, matches she lost to players with nothing close to her in power.
    I think Kvitova is established. So I personally really have nothing to speculate about her. We know.
    Last edited by ponchi101; 11-03-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    Starry starry night

I mostly agree, but we were speculating that Muguruza is better than that and I was wondering why.
    Roger forever

The difference to me is mental. Muguruza has a champion's swagger that Kvitova doesn't. She also clearly enjoys attention and being looked at, whereas I think it's the opposite for Kvitova.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    The difference to me is mental. Muguruza has a champion's swagger that Kvitova doesn't. She also clearly enjoys attention and being looked at, whereas I think it's the opposite for Kvitova.
    Agreed. I also think that Kvitova has more mobility issues and Muguruza is better moving forward. Kvitova's breathing issues seem to cost her at least a little bit at all the slams except Wimbledon (the chilly slam!), and I think her health is going to prevent her from ever having a long stint at #1 (although I think she'll get at some point).

It's an excellent point, though. Muguruza is about 3.5 years younger and Kvitova won her first Wimbledon 4 years ago (and made the semis the year before that).

Venus talking about her career today:

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

If she manages to nab one more big title, say Wimbledon or the Olympics, that's if for her then.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast