Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Preparing TAT for 2016

I like the new columns - allows people to ignore the contest threads if they're not involved but still keeps them easily accessible for those that are and I like the centred post content.

I like the new columns as well.

Another thing: Kirkus, it seems that you almost never ask us for contributions toward the running of TAT. You should feel free to remind us periodically (or as often as you need to) if you are in need of funds. We know that you get some advertising revenue, but I suspect it is less than you need. But the rank-and-file of us won't know that if you don't tell us. So please feel free to ask. As I think of it, until you encouraged us to make the donation in memory of Dry's father (which we were delighted to do), I can't remember the last time you mentioned anything about donations for anything on the site. Obviously, I could have simply missed something.

And thanks as always for all you do to keep this going!! And thanks also to the others who donate time to help!!

GH

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Thanks Glenn.

You know, this sounds terribly cliché, but I really just enjoy doing it (you wouldn't know that sometimes when I'm yelling really bad words at the server because it won't do what I want it to), and even if we received no ad revenue I would still do it. I love our people and discussions. But I also really enjoy the technical aspect of the whole thing.

I'll never decline a voluntary TAT contribution, but unless it gets to the point where I simply can't afford it (which happened once when Mary got sick), I won't ask for donations.

We also host a couple small websites from local businesses on the server that bring in a little money.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Wimbledon Enthusiast
    Awards Showcase

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I like the new side column as well. It's definitely going to take some getting use to it but like skatingfan said it helps to separate based on what people want.
    Wimbledon '04 - US Open '06 - Australian Open '08 - French Open '12 - French Open '14

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Our new Amazon Store is online! A direct link can be found in the main navigation bar at the top: "aStore".

We receive a percentage of most items sold through our store. It's a great way to support TAT, especially if you're shopping at Amazon anyway.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12