Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Congratulations, skatingfan!

Skatingfan has won the 2015 US Open edition of You Can't Win Jack with a dominating 84 points as his final score. He was buoyed by his top men's pick, Paul-Henri Mathieu, who ended up as the men's wooden spoon winner. He lost to Yoshihito Nishioka, who lost to Thomaz Bellucci, who lost to Andy Murray, who lost to Kevin Anderson, who lost to Stan Wawrinka, who lost to Roger Federer, who lost to Novak Djokovic. Congratulations on a marvelous performance!

Coming in second was Omegadoom, who stayed alive for the medal up until the women's final, thanks in part to his third women's pick, Irina-Camelia Begu, finishing as the runner-up to the wooden spoon winner. That women's wooden spoon winner was the eighth seed, Karolina Pliskova. She lost to Anna Tatishvili, who lost to Madison Brengle, who lost to Anett Kontaveit, who lost to Venus Williams, who lost to Serena Williams, who lost to Roberta Vinci, who lost to Flavia Pennetta.

Thank you all for playing, thank you to James7 for stepping in and helping me out, and although I won't be running it, I hope to see you all back for the 2016 Australian Open version of the contest!
    Go Pack Go!

Re: Congratulations, skatingfan!

Congrats, skatingfan! Bravo and grazie, James and Tog!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done, skatingfan! You medal has been awarded!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Congratulations to skatingfan. Winning by 30 points over the second place person is rare! I am not sure I have seen that done before.

Thanks Tog for running this. I'd also really like to thank James7 for taking over my usual role of helping out, while I was on a trip. Since Tog is not going to run the 2016 Australian Open YCWJ, I'll probably be running it. I do hope everyone enjoyed themselves enough to come back next year.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Congrats to skatingfan! Well played!

Many thanks to Tog & James7, for doing a fantastic job, running this contest!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Thanks everyone and thanks to the staff for running this contest. My first win in any TAT contest and I can't believe it happened with this competition which I don't think I've ever done well in before.

Skatingfan (and future next-door neighbor if Donald Trump is elected president): My heartiest congratulations. Someday, I hope to figure this contest out and do well, but until then, I'll keep enjoying it as it is. It really is one of my real faves, since we get to make all of choices up front, and then pull for people one round and then pull against them the next round. It appeals to my love of chaos, I guess.

Anyway, on to Australia for the next YCWJ, and many thanks to the organizers. It was great fun as always! GH