Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Predictions : United States Open

This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Wednesday December 31,2014, you are eligible to participate.

We have Wimbledon in London for the ATP singles, WTA singles and the doubles. For the men's doubles, women's doubles, and mixed doubles, you pick ONLY the winner of each event. So select the team you want from the drop-down menus.

All predictions will be due before play start on Sunday at 11 AM local (8 AM PDT)

The brackets are posted below:

BRACKETS

ATP: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ATPUS-OPEN.htm

WTA: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...WTAUS-OPEN.htm

Doubles: www.talkabouttennis.com/contests/pc2015/brackets/090715BONUSUSOPEN.htm

As a reminder, points for all majors for ATP and WTA predictions are doubled so please pick before the deadline close.

PICKS:

After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...15allpicks.htm
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Re: Predictions : United States Open

Shouldn't the deadline be Sunday?

TA

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TennisAnyone74 View Post

TA
    Yes, I corrected it. Thanks for the heads up, TA.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by TennisAnyone74 View Post

TA
    Thanks for saving my predictions. No thanks for ruining my Saturday night.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Whew - glad I double checked this or I would have missed the deadline !!
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Fed-Murray the only real tough decision for me... Although I have Chardy in semi as I don't trust Cilic or Tsonga.

Missed the deadline as it said Monday when I checked last night! Can I still enter my predictions at this point?

EDIT: Was still able to enter my predictions. Hope those would still be valid as it'd be a huge blow to my YTD scores otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by e11even; 09-06-2015 at 10:07 AM.

I've had mine disallowed for being 5 minutes late before a match started...so can't see it being allowed. I was only lucky because I never bothered to look at the posted date since I'd checked when R-16 starts.

I'm on holidays and couldn't follow everything that's been happening. I even saved a screencap when patrick posted the Monday deadline last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441561311.405393.jpg
    Last edited by e11even; 09-06-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Yeah it was admitted to above and then corrected. This is why every year I question if I want to keep doing predictions...it's very hard to get every single deadline...usually I miss one early now and get it out of the way

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Another miss for me as well, last time I checked this thread the deadline for posting was Sunday NIGHT -

I am relatively new at this but with all the majors it's not hard to figure out when to have your picks done. You need to know only when the third round is over. The deadline couldn't have been Monday morning since the forth round starts Sunday.

That's what I get for relying on the date listed and not thinking about it...as I was watching people today becoming quarterfinalists I thought...hmm...wonder why predictions weren't due. The lesson, as always, I am an idiot.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Crap. Just got home from New York and realized I forgot to do predictions this morning. I'm done for again this year.

The primary key to doing well in predictions is simply get them all in. I've missed out on medal chances about four years in a row because I keep missing a deadline every couple months.

Predictions are a marathon basically.

If you are going to miss them though... Missing them because you were at a slam is pretty much the best possible reason!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast