Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Discussion: Farewell, Nemo - Ponchi Gonzalez

Discussion thread for "Farewell, Nemo" -- commentary by Ponchi Gonzalez.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Archery Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Discussion: Farewell, Nemo - Ponchi Gonzalez

Excellent work, Ponchi! Loved it!
    Become a Kiva lender and help people lift themselves out of poverty. To find loans that are safe, secular, and mostly short in term, go to the A+ Convenience Store at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred...venience-store. Or, if you would like to support repeat borrowers with a proven track record of repayment, check out CraigsList at http://starfish.dynalias.org/starred/craigslist. Happy lending!

Very thoughtful.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Excellent work.

*Extremely minor quibble, concerning "He joins players such as Vitas Gerulaitis, Jose Luis Clerc, David Ferrer and all of those that enjoyed tremendous success because of enormous amounts of hard work. Yes, Grand Slam champions they are not, but they retired (or will) with the sound knowledge that there are no "What ifs?" when it comes to effort." Technically, Gerulaitis was a Grand Slam champion. He won the 1977 Aussie, albeit at the time when the Aussie and French championships had considerably diminished fields.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

That is not a minor quibble, specially in view that I am the starter of the GREAT TENNIS JOURNALISM thread. I forgot that Vitas did win a Slam.
    Kirkus, can you edit that VITAS and either delete or replace with, lets say, James Blake?
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    That is not a minor quibble, specially in view that I am the starter of the GREAT TENNIS JOURNALISM thread. I forgot that Vitas did win a Slam.
    Kirkus, can you edit that VITAS and either delete or replace with, lets say, James Blake Ernests Gulbis?
    NOW you have true journalism.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Kirkus, can you edit that VITAS and either delete or replace with, lets say, James Blake?
    It now reads: "He joins players such as Jose Luis Clerc, David Ferrer, James Blake and all of those that enjoyed tremendous success because of enormous amounts of hard work."
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Wow, that is a really great piece. Thank you for sharing it!

Enjoyed it thoroughly, Ponchi. As I do all of your writing.
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Just read it. Beautifully written.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

For some reason i am just seeing this now. I get a "404 not found" when I click on the link