Agree Agree:  55
Likes Likes:  73
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Re: Television Random Random (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    That can be said about The Wire or Veep as well, and I assume almost all of the above (I hadn't watched any other ones), but I'd definitely re-watch those as well as Six Feet Under!
    I find Six Feet Under to be very melancholy and so I've been sticking to procedurals the past couple weeks - currently watching Elementary. I'm enjoying watching series that have defined beginning, middle, and end, because reality is such vast existential crisis at the moment I need something that is predictable

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    I find Six Feet Under to be very melancholy and so I've been sticking to procedurals the past couple weeks - currently watching Elementary. I'm enjoying watching series that have defined beginning, middle, and end, because reality is such vast existential crisis at the moment I need something that is predictable
    Fair enough. AndElementary is good!

I've been watching a lot of filler.

God less filler...
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    That can be said about The Wire or Veep as well, and I assume almost all of the above (I hadn't watched any other ones), but I'd definitely re-watch those as well as Six Feet Under!
    For a couple of years I've been saying The Wire is my #1 show to watch if I start a new series...Covid may finally let me catch up enough to do so.

Any other Walking Dead fans? Just found out after watching last night's episode that the never finished producing the season finale which was supposed to be next week....so it's on hold for awhile. Annoying since it was just the finale left this year
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Set to air Saturday, April 18 from 8-10 p.m.

The Hollywood Reporter
    @THR

NBC, ABC and CBS are uniting for a historic global broadcast, hosted by Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert, to raise funds and address the fight against COVID-19

The special will celebrate community health care workers and support the WHO's global fight to end COVID-19. Lady Gaga will curate the special, which will feature exclusive appearances by Alanis Morissette, Andrea Bocelli, Billie Eilish, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong, Burna Boy, Chris Martin, David Beckham, Eddie Vedder, Elton John, FINNEAS, Idris and Sabrina Elba, J Balvin, John Legend, Kacey Musgraves, Keith Urban, Kerry Washington, Lang Lang, Lizzo, Maluma, Paul McCartney, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Shah Rukh Khan and Stevie Wonder.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

If anyone is looking for a Netflix rec, I am REALLY enjoying Money Heist (La Casa de Papel). I do think this is the first series I've watched that's been dubbed (vs sub-titled). I imagine it's even better in Spanish.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    If anyone is looking for a Netflix rec, I am REALLY enjoying Money Heist (La Casa de Papel). I do think this is the first series I've watched that's been dubbed (vs sub-titled). I imagine it's even better in Spanish.
    Don't know you preference, but you can of course also watch it in Spanish subtitled in English.

Netflix offer dubbed options for a lot of their shows, although I prefer subtitles.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Many others failed, but Manifest has been the best Lost-type show. The final scene of season 2 was a shocker.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Many others failed, but Manifest has been the best Lost-type show. The final scene of season 2 was a shocker.
    Disagree. I had to force myself thru the first season. But I really hope Grace is dead by now.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Disagree. I had to force myself thru the first season. But I really hope Grace is dead by now.
    I say it because the creators know where they are heading.

Serious question.
    On two separate TV shows I saw this. Young children (below teens) using truly strong language.
    In one, the kid used "Oh my f****** god!". Part of a joke but...
    In the second, the kids (at least two) used MF clearly and explicitly.
    The question: Is this alright? I know by now there is no profanity that will not be used on TV, be it comedy, drama or descriptions of political issues. But kids?
    Bonus question: I know I became my father a long time ago. Did I just become my grandfather? Or for that that matter, my grandmother?
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

What kind of TV show and on what type of channel was it on? Is it alright? Probably not. Is it common? Not really, generally they don't like showing kids cursing. But depending on the content, not necessarily unusual either. If it's like a 5 year old, that's pretty unusual. If it's like a preteen or a bit younger but the show is depicting a certain slice of life where profanity is realistic, then fairly common as long as it's cable.

And you might still just be in your father territory, but creeping quickly into the the grandfather zone.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Of all the bad things children can get exposed to, this is the least problematic for me. I'm not saying it should be cool for children to curse all the time (in real life, tv I don't so much care about), but teaching kids not to curse is more about discipline and being responsible with (understanding) your words than about the actual profanity, IMHO.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I'm still watching How to Get Away with Murder. Next Thursday is the series finale. What a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I'm still watching How to Get Away with Murder. Next Thursday is the series finale. What a relief.
    Hilariously accurate. I'm stuck on an earlier season, assuming I'll continue at some point, but not really sure I ever will since I like so few of the characters.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast