Agree Agree:  55
Likes Likes:  73
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Television Random Random (Spoilers)

MSNBC Cancels Three Shows As Ed Schultz, Other Hosts Depart
    The Cycle," "Now With Alex Wagner" and "The Ed Show" are canceled as the shakeup continues.

Michael Calderone, Senior Media Reporter, The Huffington Post

NEW YORK -- MSNBC has canceled "The Cycle," "Now with Alex Wagner" and "The Ed Show" with Ed Schultz as the network reconfigures its afternoon line-up to focus more on breaking news, according to a Thursday memo obtained by The Huffington Post.

MSNBC president Phil Griffin said in the memo that changes are being made to "build a new daytime lineup with the best live, breaking news coverage on television."

Several on-air personalities will leave as a result of the shakeup.

Ed Schultz, who joined MSNBC in 2009, is leaving. So are three of the four hosts of "The Cycle" -- Krystal Ball, Abby Huntsman and Touré.

Ari Melber, a "Cycle" host, will continue serving as chief legal correspondent. Wagner will "play a key role in our political coverage as we head into the 2016 election," according to the memo.

In addition, Griffin confirmed that "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd will host a daily politics show, as HuffPost reported last week. Todd will take over the 5 p.m. time slot.

Such changes had been expected within the network. Mediaite first reported last week that MSNBC planned to replace its 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. line-up.

MORE:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000018
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Television Random Random

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    MSNBC Cancels Three Shows As Ed Schultz, Other Hosts Depart
    The Cycle," "Now With Alex Wagner" and "The Ed Show" are canceled as the shakeup continues.

Michael Calderone, Senior Media Reporter, The Huffington Post

NEW YORK -- MSNBC has canceled "The Cycle," "Now with Alex Wagner" and "The Ed Show" with Ed Schultz as the network reconfigures its afternoon line-up to focus more on breaking news, according to a Thursday memo obtained by The Huffington Post.

MSNBC president Phil Griffin said in the memo that changes are being made to "build a new daytime lineup with the best live, breaking news coverage on television."

Several on-air personalities will leave as a result of the shakeup.

Ed Schultz, who joined MSNBC in 2009, is leaving. So are three of the four hosts of "The Cycle" -- Krystal Ball, Abby Huntsman and Touré.

Ari Melber, a "Cycle" host, will continue serving as chief legal correspondent. Wagner will "play a key role in our political coverage as we head into the 2016 election," according to the memo.

In addition, Griffin confirmed that "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd will host a daily politics show, as HuffPost reported last week. Todd will take over the 5 p.m. time slot.

Such changes had been expected within the network. Mediaite first reported last week that MSNBC planned to replace its 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. line-up.

MORE:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000018
    Thank you! It's about time.

I was never a fan of The Cycle but even with his on air personality Ed is the only one talking about issues as they affect the 99%. Alex Wagner is married to one of the top chefs at the WH so the head of Comcast would want her out. They seem to think that people are going to tune in to Chuck Todd who is nothing more than a more laid back version of Hannity. I'll be watching Al Jazeera.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I've never been a fan of Chuck Todd. I'm sure Tim Russert is just spinning in his grave (rest his soul).

I like the 2 hours of Thomas Roberts. I do hope they gear the new slots more towards news and less on politics. I'm just so over politics right now... I haven't seen Rachel in over a month.

I like Roberts too.

I have never heard of any of these shows, or any of these people.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I have never heard of any of these shows, or any of these people.
    That's because you're busy shooting banana peels and planting them in terrariums.

So Netflix released "Jessica Jones", something I really wanted to see, today.

I was a bit skeptical of Krysten Ritter's ability to carry the lead but by Episode 2 (I only watched 2) she is Jessica. I had to look up the actor playing Luke Cage. His name is Mike Colter and the chemistry between him and Ritter is off the charts.

It's as dark as "Daredevil" and while blood is spilled it's nowhere near as bloody - yet. The tension is psycological.

I know nothing about the Marvel character so I came in cold.

It was good to see Carrie Ann Moss working in something major again. I'm sure the residuals from The Matrix keep food on her table and a roof over her head but she's an actor and this would be huge for her. She carried herself something like Robin Wright does in "House of Cards" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    It was good to see Carrie Ann Moss working in something major again. I'm sure the residuals from The Matrix keep food on her table and a roof over her head but she's an actor and this would be huge for her. She carried herself something like Robin Wright does in "House of Cards" though.
    I was curious about what Moss has been up to since the Matrix movies ended. It looks like she got pregnant (with the first of three kids) immediately after filming the last one, and majorly cut back on her acting schedule. I found an interview where she explained that she only takes roles with an easy shooting schedule. It looks like all her parts in the last ten years have been: indie drama, part of a large ensemble, or guest in a TV series. She said she only had to work a few days per episode for Jessica Jones, and it looks like they probably took 10-15 days per episode, so it looks like a good deal for her.

She was in Vegas with Dennis Quaid but had a pretty boring role in the show.

TV Ratings: 'The Wiz Live!' Flies Higher Than 'Peter Pan'
    December 04, 2015 7:02am PT by Michael O'Connell

The live musical starred newcomer Shanice Williams, Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige, Common and Uzo Aduba.

NBC's The Wiz Live! eased on up in the ratings compared to last year's musical, Peter Pan Live. The Wiz Live! posted a 4.4 rating among adults 18-49, up from Peter Pan Live, which managed a 2.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 9.1 million viewers.

The rating also gives NBC the highest-rated Thursday for any network in the local markets, excluding sports, since an American Idol episode on Jan. 17, 2013. And it's NBC's highest-rated Thursday in the local people meters since April 2, 2009, which was the second night of the ER finale.

In metered-market households, the live musical scored a 7.9 rating, 13 share. Fast-national and official ratings will be available later.

2013's The Sound of Music Live remains the standard of for success. Broadcast TV's first live musical staging in decades nabbed a winning 4.6 rating in the key demo and an obscene 18.6 million viewers. It set a bar that Peter Pan was never going to top, but that 50 percent drop stung.

NBC was clearly angling to turn the ratings decline around with The Wiz. Chairman Bob Greenblatt, a Broadway vet whose championed live telecasts since taking the reins at the network, spoke candidly about the ratings dip with Peter Pan. “In spite of the fact that there was a lot of critical negativity, I think Carrie Underwood was an enormous amount of draw for The Sound of Music,” Greenblatt told reporters in January. "Peter Pan’s not as well known as a show... We didn’t have stars that were as big as Carrie."

The Wiz suffered no shortage of high-wattage stars. Dorothy may have been played by newcomer Shanice Williams, who the network found at an open casting call, the supporting players were almost exclusively boldface names. Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige, Common and Uzo Aduba toplined the rest of the ensemble.

Though this marks the third consecutive December where NBC has aired a live musical production, Greenblatt has been very shy to ever commit to making it an official "annual" event. It's hard to imagine there won't be another outing in 2016, however, now that The Wiz has prompted a ratings turnaround — however modest.

And, either way, viewers won't have to wait another year for a live musical telecast. Fox has been plotting a staging of its own, setting Grease: Live for Jan. 31.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...r_breakingnews

Apparently, Twitter is alive with millennials tweeting about how an all-black cast of The Wiz is racist, and how we'd certainly hear public outcry if we did an all-white version.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Apparently, Twitter is alive with millennials tweeting about how an all-black cast of The Wiz is racist, and how we'd certainly hear public outcry if we did an all-white version.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Kill me now!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I caught a piece of it and noticed several white dancers. I came unglued! "What are those white people doing there!? It's 'The Wiz' for God's sake!"

LOL. True story.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast