Agree Agree:  30
Likes Likes:  27
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Thread

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: 2015 NFL Thread

I am not having that good a year in predictions. But, I am very proud of being the only one to pick Indy to beat Denver

I only noticed Gracie as she is in the lead. But my gamble backfired badly.
    So 7 people got Carolina. Good call.
    Starry starry night

Blue rubber padding covers concrete at Edward Jones Dome

Posted by Josh Alper on November 15, 2015, 12:23 PM EST

ST. LOUIS, MO - NOVEMBER 1: Reggie Bush #23 of the San Francisco 49ers is carted off the field after being injured in the second quarter against the St. Louis Rams at the Edward Jones Dome on November 1, 2015 in St. Louis, Missouri. (Photo by Michael B. Thomas/Getty Images) Getty Images

The concrete surface surrounding the perimeter of the playing field and bench areas at Edward Jones Dome became an issue during the Rams’ last two home games because Browns quarterback Josh McCown and 49ers running back Reggie Bush each slipped and fell on it at the end of plays.

Bush suffered a torn ACL, which has led to a lawsuit against the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority because they operate the stadium. It has also led to a change in the surface for Sunday’s game against the Bears.

There’s now blue rubber padding covering the concrete at the edges of the turf, which can be seen in this photo by Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

It may be a while before we find out if this is a solution for four final Rams games in St. Louis or for years to come, but things should be a bit safer for players at the dome for however long the building is hosting NFL games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rd-jones-dome/
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Cowboys couldn't win a single game without Romo. Obviously, he's not as bad as the haters thought.

My hope for next week - Romo back, Hardy gone.

One can always get some comfort in the fact that Jerry Jones suffers these losses way more than one does.
    Romo has always gotten a bad rap. You know his stats, and he is a damn good QB, numbers wise.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Time to start re-thinking Green Bay. Not that they lost, but the manner in which they did so.
    NOW they seem to be in real trouble.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Yeah even if they had won it they would have been lucky to do so...there isn't a whole lot of offensive spark these days...can't say they were playing a great defense today.

New England were also a bit lucky to pull out the win today...thought they were done a couple of times. Giants-Patriots is hard to top in terms of drama.

Meanwhile, how about Peyton? After setting the all time pass yards record he finished approximately 5 for 20 with 40 yards and 4 picks and was benched for Brock Osweilier with his team down 22-0. He looked even worst than he has all year...not even a great Denver defense will cover for this.

I have always been puzzled by the people that claim that defense wins you games. I can understand that in the old NFL your defense could make the other team miserable, but even if you had a perfect defense, if you did not score, you could not win.
    With Denver, you are absolutely right. Peyton's decline has been painful to watch. It has been noticeable week to week. And teh defense has been coughing up some big numbers too, so they are also in real trouble. They are lucky both the chiefs and raiders are not ready yet. But right now, that New England match up looks very scary.
    Teams that are not for real:
    Seattle
    St. Louis
    Philadelphia
    I guess a few more.
    (Then again, last year I said the same thing about the Patriots after that KC slaughter. You know how well that assessment went).
    Starry starry night

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 1m1 minute ago
    JUST IN: Browns announce Josh McCown will take over as starting QB. Johnny Manziel will be the third-string QB.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Caught partying at bars with champagne again. His defense ... "might have been an old video?"

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Caught partying at bars with champagne again. His defense ... "might have been an old video?"
    RME

This is why no one wanted him.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Ooh... a new TLA for me today!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    We know the Browns have no defense...
    (really. RME?)
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Yup...never seen it typed out before..just on emoticons.

Game's not even over and it makes no sense to fire Kelly after this one because the season is basically over for the Eagles, but if he survives losing to the Lions by +30 points, then I really know nothing about sports.
    (Not that I do, but...)
    Starry starry night

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast