Agree Agree:  30
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Thread

Re: 2015 NFL Thread

If Gabbert hasn't improved significantly since his days at Jacksonville, he is definitely not the answer. Who knows, either the 49ers are trying to light a fire under Kaepernicks arse, or are just cleaning house, since they traded V. Davis to the Broncos.

They are cleaning house. But although Gabbert is not the TECHNICAL answer, he can be the LOCKER ROOM AMBIANCE answer. Plenty of reports that the players are pretty fed up with Kaepernick. One thing that I personally find annoying of this guy, and which spills into our sport too, is his headphone stuff. I have always found that to be so off-putting. "Oh, don't bother me, I am too busy to even listen to you!" is what that seems to say to me. It is one of the thousand reasons I dislike Kyrgios and can't warm up to Vika.
    So maybe it will drop the tension level in the Niners' locker room. But one interesting thing will be to see who will sit next to Kaepernick this weekend, when he is on the bench. That will let you know how many friends he has made in the team.
    Starry starry night

Ms Bouchard isn't the only litigious one...

Reggie Bush hires lawyer for suit against St. Louis

Posted by Mike Florio on November 8, 2015, 1:51 PM EST

It’s unclear what it will cost the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority to cover the concrete surrounding the playing surface at the Edward Jones Dome. It’s becoming more clear that they should have spent the money before last Sunday.

PFT has confirmed that Bush has hired a lawyer, with the intention of filing a lawsuit arising from the season-ending knee injury Bush suffered when he slipped on the cement.

As PFT explained earlier in the week, Bush quickly heard from a lawyer regarding the possibility of suing. And it should be a strong lawsuit, given that the hazard was open and obvious — and had caused Browns quarterback Josh McCown to slide into a wall only one week earlier.

Bush’s hiring of a lawyer was first reported by Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

In the case, Bush likely will seek compensation for lost wages (even though he will be paid in full for the 2015 season), possible compensation for future lost wages (if he can’t play because of the injury in 2016), compensation for pain and suffering arising from the injury, surgery, and rehab, and punitive damages aimed at punishing the defendant for not fixing the hazard and deterring others from doing the same thing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...inst-st-louis/
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I was reading an article on ESPN earlier that said this injury has turned out to be very serious, and could potentially be career-threatening.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

I posted the story because I do think that Bush's injury could be just what you say JTC, career ending and the team's negligence seems to be provable in this situation.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Time to start re-thinking Green Bay. Not that they lost, but the manner in which they did so.
    And my Raiders are for real. Yep, they lost, but next year, with some proper off season acquisitions, they will be tough.
    Starry starry night

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'd like to know if Bush knew the concrete was there prior to playing on the surface.

The last thing a successful professional athlete needs is more $$$.

(Jaded, I know. But I keep hoping personal responsibility will eventually win the day.)
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I'd like to know if Bush knew the concrete was there prior to playing on the surface.

(Jaded, I know. But I keep hoping personal responsibility will eventually win the day.)
    If I'm his lawyer I'm going to say even if he knew it was there in the heat of the game he's focused on doing his job and as a professional he would expect the surface of the field as well as its perimeter to be safe.

I don't know if it was mentioned here but Stephanie Myles posted on Twitter a few weeks ago that Bouchard was not alone in that room at the US Open.

I had the #3 pick in my Fantasy Football league this year and chose Eddie Lacy. He earned negative one point this week.

If you see the film, he is slowing down and has plenty of time to stop before the concrete, but kept jogging slightly.
    On the other hand, if the injury does end his career, he may need all the money he can get. Remember that a lot of these guys end up poor again because they really never learn how to handle money.
    I agree with Kirkus (about personal responsibility) but sometimes people do have a legit reason. I am on the fence in this one.
    (Says the safety guy that knows that the only way companies improve their safety performance is when they are afraid of litigation).
    Starry starry night

BTW: we did really well today. What a slaughter.
    Starry starry night

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post

I take it all back. I watched the video.

Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Time to start re-thinking Green Bay. Not that they lost, but the manner in which they did so.
    And my Raiders are for real. Yep, they lost, but next year, with some proper off season acquisitions, they will be tough.
    Green bay lost on the road against two very good teams so I wouldn't write them off. But home field advantage is going to be very hard now that they are two behind Carolina with a H2h loss. That said my prediction before season was that the week 17 game against minnesota would decide division...through eight games they are tired for first.

Raiders are definitely fun to watch these days...been awhile so nice to see.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 11-09-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Agree. But as you say, that WK17 match against the Vikings is not an automatic. I still would favor them against any team in the NFC if they meet at Lambeau, but they are anything by automatic everywhere else.
    The Raiders are fun but still problematic for our NFL Challenge. Kudos to Gracie for picking the Panthers when every single sports site and betting site picked the Packers, but the game that really bugged me was the Raiders loss to the Steelers (mostly because I hate the Steelers). If they had just slightly contained Antonio Brown, I would be only 3 behind Gracie. Now I am back to 5 behind.
    New automatic team to put in the loss column: the Chargers. They are too decimated. If they could not beat the Bears, a mess too, they will finish the season soon.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Actually, 7/16 of us picked Carolina this week....but probably wouldn't have if it had been at Lambeau. And yes, the Raiders are getting hard to predict! I gained some in my home pool (where I'm not 20 or so behind) from that game by taking Pittsburgh.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast