Agree Agree:  30
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Thread

Re: 2015 NFL Thread

Your days as a Cowboys fan are over. Too bad you don't have any other team in Texas to root for.
    (Man, do the Texans suck. That was a lousy game last night).
    Starry starry night

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I would have liked it better if the Cowboys had not signed Greg Hardy. But, too much was made of the "guns blazin" comment. Everyone knew what he was referring to and it was not guns.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I would have liked it better if the Cowboys had not signed Greg Hardy. But, too much was made of the "guns blazin" comment. Everyone knew what he was referring to and it was not guns.
    I agree about the "guns blazin" comment. It was way overblown. I thought his non-answer answers to the press were more troubling. I'm just not a fan of that kind of arrogance.

But it was Jones' comment about admiring Tom Brady more because he married a beautiful woman that really turned me off. I don't think anyone is surprised that Jones' thinks like that -- objectifying women. But to say it out loud? I don't know.

I've been a Broncos fan almost as long, so at least I have a fall back position.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Terry Bradshaw had some very strong words today about Jones, Hardy and the culture of accepting back a player charged with assaulting a woman. Basically, if you "touch, or strike" a woman, Bradshaw believes you should not be allowed to come back to the NFL.
    I don't know how to embed it because I saw it in Yahoo. Perhaps somebody else can.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Terry Bradshaw had some very strong words today about Jones, Hardy and the culture of accepting back a player charged with assaulting a woman. Basically, if you "touch, or strike" a woman, Bradshaw believes you should not be allowed to come back to the NFL.
    I don't know how to embed it because I saw it in Yahoo. Perhaps somebody else can.
    Terry Bradshaw rips Greg Hardy and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in fiery rant
    By Jacob Price @ohholybutt on Oct 11, 2015, 12:36p

Terry Bradshaw has been a part of the FOX NFL Sunday pregame show for a very long time, but his rant this Sunday might be the best minute he has ever spent on air.

Terry Bradshaw gives his heartfelt viewpoint on Greg Hardy's domestic abuse case. https://t.co/LfMelAXzmj
    FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) October 11, 2015

The former Steelers quarterback is tired of woman beaters like Hardy being allowed to continue to collect a paycheck and play in the NFL. He's tired of people like Jerry Jones who care more about the success of their football team than creating a better society. He's tired of all of it, and he's 100 percent right to be.

Greg Hardy has shown little to no remorse since returning from suspension, and the Cowboys owner, as pointed out by Bradshaw, has done nothing but enable him. Hardy's perpetual garbage is finally starting to draw the attention of the NFL, and, as you can see, some TV personalities. Hopefully Bradshaw becomes just one of many former players to speak out against these issues.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...ys-jerry-jones
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post

Boom!

And this set of incidents with Hardy was the final straw for me.

That is some statement by Bradshaw.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

The Seahawks really have nothing on offense. Wilson, I think, is regressing as much as Kaepernik.
    Starry starry night

It's not Wilson, it's the offensive line, which is made entirely of converted defensive players and undrafted free agents.
    Last edited by JTContinental; 10-11-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Words are not enough. NFL will still allow them to play. Bradshaw will continue to put the NFL first. Football scores and highlights will continue to dominate sports stories. NFL is king. We have this with our local sportscaster. He tore Jones a new one when we signed Hardy. But he continues to put Cowboys stories first over the playoff Rangers. So, to me, he is part of the problem.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Words are not enough. NFL will still allow them to play. Bradshaw will continue to put the NFL first. Football scores and highlights will continue to dominate sports stories. NFL is king. We have this with our local sportscaster. He tore Jones a new one when we signed Hardy. But he continues to put Cowboys stories first over the playoff Rangers. So, to me, he is part of the problem.
    Your local sportscaster probably wants to keep his job. LOL.

Then you look at Hardy's performance in the 1st half of today's game, helping to sack Brady more times than ever in a half, and you can't deny his talent. Which is too bad. I was kind of hoping the NE offense would rip him a new one.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Especially since it was Bradshaw...I don't remember him ever having opinions on anything.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Your local sportscaster probably wants to keep his job. LOL.
    His job is secure (he's even been on Ellen because of his supportive statements about Michael Sam). But, rant as he might, he really loves football.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 25m25 minutes ago
    Big move in Bay Area: 49ers benching QB Colin Kaepernick for Blaine Gabbert, as @Kyle_McLorgBASG reported.

About time.
    Starry starry night

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast