Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Indianapolis scores will be late...

...I want to watch the final on TV without knowing the result. And of course NBC can't show it live. So I won't start scoring the thing until the match goes off the air. If James Blake wins I may just throw a temper-tantrum and never have anything to do with tennis ever again. At least not until 2011. :
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Re: Indianapolis scores will be late...

Roddick's been playing lights out this week. James has struggled a bit in his last two matches so I think I'm leaning more towards Roddick right now. He's serving 1st serves at 70% during the tournament and hasn't been broken once!

However, James' development as a tennis player is remarkable. While Roddick's form was declining, Blake's was rapidly rising. No more go-for-broke shots on returns or bonehead shot selections. On the other hand, Blake is just thankful that tomorrow's final is best of 3, not best of 5.

I pick Roddick in 3 sets, the 3rd set being a tie-breaker. (It is a tie-breaker format right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    ...I want to watch the final on TV without knowing the result. And of course NBC can't show it live. So I won't start scoring the thing until the match goes off the air. If James Blake wins I may just throw a temper-tantrum and never have anything to do with tennis ever again. At least not until 2011. :
    LOL! Sounds like some "logical" person or persons that we know. [smiley=tease.gif] [smiley=hyst.gif]

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

LOL.

So, I couldn't start watching it 'til about 15 minutes after the start, and I wanted to see the whole thing. So I TiVo'd it. But did I think to TiVo the program that followed it just in case it went longer than 2 hours? No. No I didn't. I never saw the end of the match. I had to go online to see who won. Doh!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm just now starting to score Indianapolis. Give me a couple of hours... I do it by hand. Scores should be online in about 3 hours, by 5 p.m. PST.

Fed Fan
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cphsrsh
    I pick Roddick in 3 sets, the 3rd set being a tie-breaker. (It is a tie-breaker format right?)
    Good call on the score, save the final outcome (sorry Kirkus )! It was a terrific match, more court usage than I've seen in awhile. I thought Roddick had it but Blake was able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat and prevent those service breaks.

And can I just say I really like Jim Courier as a commentator? Wish he'd do more.
    16 and counting...

JUPITER'S GHOST - catch up on all the episodes at http://www.youtube.com/user/jupitersghost

Tennis begins with love.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure we'll hear Jim commentating for USA Network at the USO.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    [quote author=cphsrsh link=1153615080/0#1 date=1153622280]
    Good call on the score, save the final outcome (sorry Kirkus )! It was a terrific match, more court usage than I've seen in awhile. I thought Roddick had it but Blake was able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat and prevent those service breaks.

And can I just say I really like Jim Courier as a commentator? Wish he'd do more. [/quote]

I'm sorry I'm replying so late. (Must have missed it on the "Recent Posts Column" -> I ALWAYS use it, Kirkus!) Hmm.. I did say that Fed would put 2 bagels on Nadal in the Wimbledon Final. I'm not completely right, but I'm not completely wrong either. :-/ I say Hewitt wins DC.