Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2015 Wimbledon YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

Here's the place to brag about how well you know losers, or to lament when all of them end up winning. A pick tracker will be up shortly after the start of main draw play on Monday and will in the best case be updated daily, and scoreboards will be posted after each round.
    Go Pack Go!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: 2015 Wimbledon YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

After spending 20-30 minutes trying to decide which women to pick, I see skatingfan's team...and see four women I don't even remember seeing in the draw!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    After spending 20-30 minutes trying to decide which women to pick, I see skatingfan's team...and see four women I don't even remember seeing in the draw!
    That's what I was going for - obscure as possible.

That's one of the things I love about YCWJ. No matter how hard I study the draw, when I see the YCWJ entries being posted I'm like ... Who are these people?
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Or, the other side of the coin -- filling out the entire draw and ending up with a former Top 10 player as a potential wooden spoon.

And then there's wondering if the tennis gods are using your list as anti-jinx fodder yet again.

A pick tracker has been uploaded and can be seen here: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ck-Tracker.htm
    Go Pack Go!

Sugita must've heard that 12 of us picked him. Was down a break but it's now 5-5 in the first.

Trying to watch a bit of Jovanovski vs. Maria, as I picked Maria in YCWJ and of course, she is doing well (Glenn Harman, I will give you a run for your money in picking the winningest losers...) I just can't watch it - I keep feeling like I should be saying "Bless you!" every time Jovanovski hits the ball.

my first attempt at YCWJ ... down from 8 to 3 players after round 1. is that good? ;-)

I am hoping my 3 remaining chains of players can really perform!

do the scores get updated somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    my first attempt at YCWJ ... down from 8 to 3 players after round 1. is that good? ;-)

I am hoping my 3 remaining chains of players can really perform!

do the scores get updated somewhere?
    Tog usually posts scores at the end of each round. Since there were a couple of first round matches that didn't finish until today, he couldn't post the scores last night. So, you should see scores posted this evening (US eastern), after Tog and I have gotten home from work and have had a chance to check each others results.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

After the first round, Jeff is not only in TX but also in the lead with a perfect 20. Behind him are ptmcmahon with 17 and Federex with 16. Compared to the first rounds of late, this one was not particularly high-scoring. We'll see if that changes as the contest goes on.

Good luck all.

Pick Tracker

Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

I'm not going to get to posting the second round scores tonight, but I should have them up early tomorrow morning.
    Go Pack Go!

In the second round, Jeff in TX lost a pick but still built up his lead. He now has 37 points and a seven point lead over his nearest competitor, tenedab. IronMike and mysterX are tied for third with 27, and moonball64 and patrick were the only contestants not to lose a pick in the round. Hawkspa10 has secured the wooden spoon award for the contest with a paltry 3 points.

Good luck all.

Pick Tracker

Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Dang, I'm about to go from 4 to 1. Nishikori was NOT supposed to withdraw
    I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know. - Andy Roddick

The third round finally saw someone else than Jeff in TX post the highest score, but Jeff is still in the lead, that lead is still seven points, and he still has the most picks remaining with five. He sits at 46, while tenedab is at 39. Omegadoom is in third with 36, but he scored the high of 11 for the round.

Good luck all.

Pick Tracker

Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast