Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

THRNY - Ask questions here

If you have questions about TAT Fantasy Tennis: The Hard Road to New York, post them here. I'll keep an eye on this thread daily and and get an answer up as soon possible.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Re: THRNY - Ask questions here

I'm not sure I understand how you know how many points each player is worth. I looked at the Slide to Paris link but I could only find that one "how it works' thread which didn't help me. I have an idea judging from other peoples picks but it would be nice if you could give me the link to an explanation or spell it out for me. Thanks!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123
    I'm not sure I understand how you know how many points each player is worth. I looked at the Slide to Paris link but I could only find that one "how it works' thread which didn't help me. I have an idea judging from other peoples picks but it would be nice if you could give me the link to an explanation or spell it out for me. Thanks!
    Here ya go, Charlie: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-b...num=1152581047

And here's a link to the tournament points: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-b...num=1152581128

You can see these threads at the top of the Hard Road to New York board, right?

Oh my gosh. Have those been there the whole time? Oh no. No no no no. I need to go drown myself now. Oh man. Captain Not Smart at your service. Geez. Oh well. Thanks!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

No problemo. Good luck.

Will PIE be provided at any time during the competition?

PIE PIE PIE

Gimme PIE!!

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Can I leave one or more roster spots blank for a week or two, then fill it in later without using a substitution?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by mysterX
    Can I leave one or more roster spots blank for a week or two, then fill it in later without using a substitution?
    I note the rules say you must always have three players per category.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas
    [quote author=mysterX link=1152595888/0#6 date=1152988008]Can I leave one or more roster spots blank for a week or two, then fill it in later without using a substitution?
    I note the rules say you must always have three players per category.[/quote]

shtexas is correct.

Blog Entries

Bonjour Kirkus,
    How many times can one modify one's list of players. I've just checked out the draw at Indianapolis and noticed the Fed is not playing. So can I change him for someone else and then put him back in when he's playing. And this for all the players?
    :-? SB

And, yes, I am still waiting for a response to my pie inquiry. :P

After every THRNY tournament we should all eat PIE!

PIE

PIE

PIE

GIMME PIE!

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sblanc
    Bonjour Kirkus,
    How many times can one modify one's list of players. I've just checked out the draw at Indianapolis and noticed the Fed is not playing. So can I change him for someone else and then put him back in when he's playing. And this for all the players?
    :-? SB
    Bonjour sblanc,

Your initial team can be changed as many times as you like up until the start of Indianapolis. In the case of Federer not playing Indy, for example, you can change him now without penalty. But remember, when you put him in at a later date, in place of someone else, that will count as 1 substitution.

From the official rules:
    SUBSTITUTIONS:
    You are allowed up to 3 subsititutions during the 6 tournament contest. Substitutions can be made at any time, but a substitution will not go into effect until the following tournament. To make a substitution, sell a player back (adding his price to your remaining credits) then simply buy another player. YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE 3 PLAYERS PER CATEGORY ON YOUR TEAM AND YOU CAN NEVER HAVE SPENT MORE THAN 150 CREDITS.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I've order 10 pies to be delilvered to the TAT dining room on Sunday the 23rd. We'll bust 'em open following the RCA final. ;D

Let them eat PIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    I've order 10 pies to be delilvered to the TAT dining room on Sunday the 23rd. We'll bust 'em open following the RCA final. ;D
    Kirkie is the best! He understands the importance of PIE! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Kirkus,

Does modify basically mean substitute? I have not made any changes to my initial lineup, but I would like to substitue Hewitt in for Federer in for Washington tourney. I assume that change counts as a substitution. But I will want to change back following the Washington event. Will that also count as a substituion?? I'm a little foggy on the sub thing. Sorry to bother you. Please advise.
    ADAM Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast