Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Kirkus, When Are We Going to Have...

A WTA fantasy tournament? Perhaps we could have something that leads into the Year-End Championships???

Dry
    Tiz the Dude! Now a winner after his second race!

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Kirkus, When Are We Going to Have...

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy
    A WTA fantasy tournament? Perhaps we could have something that leads into the Year-End Championships???

Dry
    I'd love it. But I can't run it. I may be doing an ATP for the end of the year. If anyone want's to step up I'll do whatever I can to help.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    [quote author=dryrunguy link=1155520432/0#0 date=1155520432]A WTA fantasy tournament? Perhaps we could have something that leads into the Year-End Championships???

Dry
    I'd love it. But I can't run it. I may be doing an ATP for the end of the year. If anyone want's to step up I'll do whatever I can to help.[/quote]

I'd be happy to run Mujeres a Madrid...

Thank God Rika Fujiwara's ranking has fallen off quite a bit... I won't have to deal with the idea of whether or not to put her on the squad...

Suicide Pool-ruining hag...

Dry

It's still far from October, but as of right now, I think I can lend a hand or two.

I don't think I can ever do a Suicide Pool. As hard as it must be running the Fantasy Contest, there are nearly 5 times more contestants for the SP's, no?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Until now, I've tried to remain anonymous in regards to my helping Kirkus with the men's fantasy contest... Only because I was doing well in the first one and didn't want an appearance of a conflict of interest.

But since my team is in the sewer (literally) this time, and since most people probably already know anyways, it's safe enough to come clean.

All I do is cross-check scoring with Kirkus. I think it's important to have two people do that job. Through two contests, I don't there's been a single week in which one of us--Kirkus or me--didn't make a scoring error. Usually, we both make mistakes and catch each other. That's the real need--a second scorer--especially if Kirkus has another men's event planned for me to completely botch...

Dry

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Incidentally, I just checked the WTA calendar... There are 6 Tier I/II events between the U.S. Open and Madrid.

Beijing (starts 2 weeks after Flushing Meadows)
    Luxembourg
    Stuttgart
    Moscow
    Zurich
    Linz

We could adpt the ATP scoring structure for this contest...

The only thing that really remains is... Does anyone think this is too many contests? Especially if Kirkus plans running another ATP contest?

But I want to go on record here that having only ATP contests and no WTA contest is pure, unadulterated sexism.

LOL! (I just had to get that one in...)

Hey, if I can't win any contests, then I'm forced to create one where I just MIGHT have a chance...

Dry

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Dry: Thank god you finally came clean. It was getting a little creepy refering to you as, "My Anonymous Helper".
    I don't think we can have too many contests. If you and cp (or whoever) want to run a WTA Fantasy Contest, I may skip an ATP contest and concentrate on some other things I wanted to work on around here. Of course I'm here to help.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Personally I'd love to see a WTA contest running into the Year End Championships. (The March to Madrid maybe).

I do follow the ladies game more than the mens, and it'd be nice to have the chance to show that I'm not really that rubbish when it comes to contests :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Jidkova Fan
    I do follow the ladies game more than the mens, and it'd be nice to have the chance to show that I'm not really that rubbish when it comes to contests :-[
    Could be worse JF ... I follow the men's game more, and I'm STILL rubbish in the contests! That's okay though. You know what they say. Unlucky in cards ...
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

Sometimes I think it's worse if you know too much about something. For example, I follow the NBA like a basketball-addict, and I placed 12th (dead-last) on my Fantasy Play. :P