Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I give up on fantasy tennis!

I forget to make a change last week to put Fed in and he wins the event. That was expected. My error.

Then, I remember to put him in this week, and look what happens. The only saving grace is Murray is on my team too.

Blog Entries

Re: I give up on fantasy tennis!

Sod's law, tell me about it! I'm an expert!

I'm with you guys!
    It ain't what you eat but how you chew it.

A very recognizable problem :-/ But don't give up! Just play several managers and spread your chances! I know I do ;D
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas
    I forget to make a change last week to put Fed in and he wins the event. That was expected. My error.

Then, I remember to put him in this week, and look what happens. The only saving grace is Murray is on my team too.
    Well, I'm sure you'll all understand when I mention that my fantasy team has turned out to be a Grade A, government-inspected, stamped and approved NIGHTMARE!

STOP YOUR WHINING, SHTEXAS... YOU'RE NOT IN LAST PLACE LIKE I AM!!! [smiley=furious3.gif]

[smiley=grouphug.gif]

Dry
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

It just goes to figure - after I add Gasquet to my team, begging him to not lose to Robredo and withdraw from New Haven... he loses to Robredo, and withdraws from New Haven. Loser. >
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

THRNY is tough...

after doing decently the first week, the players i had either chose to collapsed or disappear for the next few tournaments... and so...

feels like a stock exchange. have to be constantly monitoring the progress and problems of the players... and i have no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillz
    feels like a stock exchange. have to be constantly monitoring the progress and problems of the players... and i have no time!
    AGREED! I wish we could get rid of the stupid substitution rule, except for injuries. It makes it such a pain, like you said, to have to constantly monitor the progress and problems of the players. Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens? People don't have the time to do what it takes to win this thing.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien447
    [quote author=Jillz link=1155763878/0#6 date=1155837930]
    AGREED! I wish we could get rid of the stupid substitution rule, except for injuries. It makes it such a pain, like you said, to have to constantly monitor the progress and problems of the players. Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens? People don't have the time to do what it takes to win this thing.
    [/quote]

You sound cranky today.

Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens?
    I have a better idea -- why don't I just play the contest for you. Then you won't have to worry about anything. :P
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus
    [quote author=Sebastien447 link=1155763878/0#7 date=1155842055][quote author=Jillz link=1155763878/0#6 date=1155837930]
    [/quote]

You sound cranky today.

Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens?
    I have a better idea -- why don't I just play the contest for you. Then you won't have to worry about anything. :P[/quote]

Now you're talkin! :P

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

:P :P :P

LOL.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

I substitute Federer in and take Roddick out and what happens? Federer tanks (according to Seb).

I like to whine too.
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2011

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just checked the New Haven draw.

The good news is I have five guys in the draw.

The bad news is they're all in the same half.

I hope this isn't an omen of my suicide pool chances...

Dry
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Does the New Haven mens draw start on Sunday? If so, we need to make substitutions before the mens final in Cincy. Complicated for Kirkus and his scoring.

Seb, part of what attracts fantasy sports is that you can add/delete players as you go on through the season. Also, it's good that there is a limit on the amount of substitutions because I know some people will do a million of them if they're allowed to.

I am so-so in fantasy tennis, but I'm willing to take on the ride!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast